Set Top Boxes, Cable TV, Frequency Spectrum & 4G Services

I've been looking for the technical reasons why Indian Government is making Set Top Boxes compulsory and I found out that real reason behind the move is to free up the air off the frequencies required by cable TVs so that room for 4G services can be made. I'd however love to have further details on this. The questions I've in my mind -

1. What's the frequency of the signal required by cable TV antennas?
2. What is the corresponding frequency required by dish TVs? I've heard it's significantly lower.
3. How'd this freeing up of bandwidth help penetration and nation-wide roll out of 4G services?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a final year CS project idea that's easy to implement yet innovative. The idea is not mine, but is inspired from a Japanese project described here - https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/password-security-with-multiple-dummy-mouse-cursors.67123/. Abstract...
Lot of freshers write to me via email about career in software testing, various growth opportunities that exist in India vs. career in software development. The main issue is that...
Traveling to Antarctica would definitely be a fun filled adventure provide you have a guide who can guide you through proper paths. The nice and smooth looking snow may have...
Kickstarter is an amazing initiative. It lets anyone post information about their project in front of people who can then decide to fund you with any amount. If people like...
hi friends i just came to know about roundone.in , which is a site for job opportunities through paid referral. does anyone know bout this? can i give a try?...