CrazyEngineers
  • Kaustubh
    Kaustubh

MemberJun 12, 2006

Session Timout Updated

Hi CEans!

The session timout for our forums is now set to 20 minutes. So, I hope that you won't get 'login screen' when you compose your big post and click 'Submit'.

Do let me know if session timeout of 20 minutes is okay.

-The Big K-
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • crook

MemberJun 12, 2006

ok

Althought I never ran out of time while posting on forum, I think 20 minutes is sufficient for session timeout. :sleepy:
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Neha

MemberJun 12, 2006

I didn't know we have time limit to compose...i neva ran out of time...so according to me its sufficient!!
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 26, 2006

Updated!

Hello CEans!

Lately, it wasn't much fun to see "You have logged out" of forums page after composing a big reply to a post & hitting "Submit Reply" button. Therefore, the session timeout is now updated to 30 minutes.

What does this mean?
    This means that if you remain idle ( 😒 ) for 30 minutes on forums ( that is, without clicking any link on forums ) you will be logged out automatically. Please note that, the message composing time is considered as idle time.

Therefore, if you want to post a big, long message, make sure that you do it well within 30 minutes. Otherwise, fire your text processing software, compose a message and paste it in the compose window.

Post your questions, concerns in this thread.

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • Mayur Pathak

MemberSep 26, 2006

thnx

Thanks buddy,

Just 1 suggestion, please make sure you include this point in the common sense.

and correct the spelling in the title thread. Its wrong 😉
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 27, 2006

mayurpathak
    Thanks buddy,

Just 1 suggestion, please make sure you include this point in the common sense.

and correct the spelling in the title thread. Its wrong 😉
    Thanks for the suggestion. What should we write in the Common Sense Guide?
    Title typo : Corrected! Thanks :hehehe:

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 27, 2006

Hello All!

Few CEans complained that they got logged out while posting a long message on forums.

The problem is fixed and the session timout is now 30 minutes. Please clear the cookies in your web browser & log in again to make it effective.

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 3, 2006

It seems that few of our fellow CEans are still facing the timeout problem. That is because the forums had a minor upgrade few days back. Therefore, please manually clear all the browser cookies & history files and login to CE.

I'm still working on the problem.

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • aashima

MemberNov 3, 2006

Thats a good one Biggie. It was quite problematic while posting long posts. 20 minuntes are enough though.
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberApr 3, 2012

The_Big_K
    "You have logged out"
    1. I logged in,
    2. I clicked on small talk
    3. Clicked on Forum
    4. I was logged out!

I am using latest Chrome version and Windows 8 consumer evaluation copy.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorApr 3, 2012

#-Link-Snipped-#: Avoid commenting on threads started in 2006. Post your site related questions in a section dedicated to it: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register