Serious Entrepreneurship Or Just Part Time Income?

Meeting entrepreneurs and listening to their plans is something I love to do. I've met lot of wannabe entrepreneurs in recent times who wanted some advise on how to get started.

When I listened to their plans, all they were interested in generating some income - part time; while keeping their day jobs. While I am a big advocate of starting out part time before taking the plunge; one needs to have an idea about how to grow a venture and then make it a full time job.

The entrepreneurs I've met thought "If I do this, it will generate me quite a good amount of income". Then I ask them, "How do you plan to turn this into your business?" and they go silent.

I believe every wannabe entrepreneur should think about the scope of your venture and evaluate the potential. If you are just thinking about earning some more income by working in your part time; I'd personally not call it a business.

So if you are evaluating few ideas; do ask this question to yourself, "Am I really trying to become an entrepreneur or just looking for some side income?"

Replies

• vik001ind
    vik001ind
    I don't think the part time income is going to help in their business. Its better to dive fully in what one wants to accomplice after having some experience in job. There are many firms which helps the start ups in coming with their plan & business.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today e-payment has gain more popularity than previous years ,which makes the life much more easier But there are many threats that it generally suffers,Hackers always find new methods to...
Phishing is one of the most common attack used by hackers to hack someone's personal information like credit card no's .Most of us know how to detect phishing ,If not...
Hello Ceans! I'm Nima from Nagpur, Maharashtra. Hope I prove to be useful to CE.๐Ÿ˜
Though most of the people take this part lightly, it is not as easy as it seems. the Analytical writing consists of two parts: Writing an essay presenting your point...
In GRE, there are many words that are only a letter apart, also there are many words which seem to be similar and students often confuse the meaning of one...