Series and Shunt diode Clipper Circuits

why in a series clipper diode circuit,during the forward biasing half cycle the voltage across the diode rises according to the input sinosuidal supply whereas in shunt type clipper diode circuit,during the forward biasing half cycle it stuck only to its barrier voltage level????

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    do you observed total circuit clearly see the operation of diode and other components so you understand why it occur like that
  • Tarun Chauhan
    Tarun Chauhan
    yes i observed circuit clearly,read different books but couldn't found a clear cut answer to my doubt.i observed that in a zener diode voltage regulator circuit,voltage at output remain constant since zener diode works in reverse biased form and it has a property to maintain a constant voltage across it in the expense of variation in current across it.but what happen to this property when it is placed in series in circuit.why it allows almost all the waveform to pass through it.i think there is not a very big concept behind this as it is not mentioned in books,may be a gap in my basic knowledge about circuits but please help me friends.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Guys i need some reference about 'SMS controlled moving robot'.give some reference to get a basic idea about this project.i am willing to work with this project. thanks!
I have seen phone scanners on the web, I am not interested in that, but it does fall around what I am interested in. I am sure it's possible to...
What would you say to your boss if he is crazy about an idea,but you think it stinks?? How to explain him??
Try this human clock. Its amazing. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Click on the clock to see new look also.๐Ÿ˜
dear frndzzzzzzzzzzzzzz im new 2 dis websi8 can any of u suggest me a nice topic 4 ppt ๐Ÿ˜’โ€‹