Seperation of judiciary from executive wing

hello friends,

Now to all my countrymen, I would like to inform that our government is considering a bill that allows executive wing to have a say in the appointment of judges to higher courts of the country. Is it justifiable?

Now if this bill passes, don't you think the judiciary can no longer function independently? Is such a bill not a violation of the norms of the Indian constitution that necessarily makes the judiciary wing independent?

regards,
proffy

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I think the title is saying something wrong. Judiciary is not a part of Executive to seperate it first. What say #-Link-Snipped-#

And till now it is the President who appoints judges with the consult of Chief justice. And now the proposal is to appoint a commission called Judicial Appointments commission with 2 judges of Supreme court, 2 famous jurists nominated by president, law minister and it may also include leader of opposition. Can't say whether it is a better option or not until the exact proposal is out.
    And yes it needs a constitutional Amendment ofcourse.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While regular browsing and surfing on the internet, I came upon something fascinating. With an interest in window shopping and preparing a wish list for things I would like to...
Bose engineers are here some great products. With the launch of QuietComfort 20 first in-ear noise cancelling headphones and Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker, Bose Corp is ready after 30 years...
where to place the engine either front or rear in four or three wheelers?if so why?list merits and demerits?
Top Gear UK is well known for its ludicrous activities, whether it’s their plan of building a food blender with a V8 engine or sending a Reliant Robin as a...
Our favorite wearable technology, the Google Glass as you might be aware gets monthly software updates. This month’s update is however focused on the most important function of the Google...