SEO Salary / Pay Packages In India

There's lot of curiosity about career in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and the salary one can expect in India. Those who are not aware of what SEO is may read the big database of SEO Questions & Answers For New Blogs, Startup Websites. Before we talk about salaries and pay packages offered to SEO; please understand that the domain itself is very much misunderstood. The SEO sometimes is taken as a mix of SEM, SMM and many of the jobs will require you to have knowledge of all these fields.

An entry level position offered to SEO will attract a salary of about Rs. 180,000 - Rs. 2,40,000 per year based on your skills. Note that many of the companies working in the SEO domains have to rely on finding the right projects to work on and then hire engineers or SEO experts to do link-building, article writing, search engine marketing and social media marketing.

According yo PayScale, the average SEO salary in India is about ~178K based on the average salary earned by about 300 respondents. But as you grow in the field, you can expect better salary.

Is it a great field to make a career in?

My personal opinion is 'No'. You should stay in SEO career for not more than 2-3 years. Learn the basics of SEO, digital marketing and social media management and move over to a marketing / sales career. You will find a ton of opportunities there. It is my personal view based on my observation of the industry for the last ~6-8 years.

Replies

• ankush0809
    ankush0809
    well said ! then where to shift after having experience of SEO ? which field is suitable for career after SEO ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ankush0809
    well said ! then where to shift after having experience of SEO ? which field is suitable for career after SEO ?
    I'm doubtful about career shift after building skills-set as SEO. Digital market (SEM) seems to be a logical switch. It all depends upon what kind of experience you get as an SEO. It'd be important to understand the technical parts of SEO as well; I'm sure the SEO strategists are likely to be in demand for foreseeable future.
  • NavSandhu
    NavSandhu
    #-Link-Snipped-# I have 2 years of experience. I am handling all seo project in company. I can do on page, off page seo , social media marketing,ORM. I have also worked as manual tester. My current salary is 15k. Now i want to shift my company. I am confused which profile has more future scope. I am from technical background(B tech cse). can you please help me???????????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Launched in February last year for a price of $999, Google Chromebox for Meetings is an extension of the basic unit where up to 15 users can take part in...
The latest entrant in the Android smartphone in India is Lenovo S60, a power packed smartphone priced slightly higher than its rivals. There are a number of good points about...
Prof. Alison Olcott Marshall and her husband Prof. Craig Marshall, a researcher duo from The University of Kansas want to know for sure if there has ever been life on...
Chinese consumer electronics company, Meizu has launched its phablet M1 Note in India. The device will be the first product from the Alibaba-backed Chinese smartphone maker to be launched in...
The Chinese mobile manufacturer, Oppo has quietly unveiled a new smartphone- Neo 5s. The smartphone is listed on the company’s global website but there is no information on the availability...