SENTINEL is the First Women's Security App

SENTINEL is an app launched by MindHelix Technologies LLP, a Kochi based IT company.

It is the first app designed with women’s security in mind.

The app can send instant alerts in case of any problems. A forced power-off of the phone or an improper exit of the application will trigger an alert to be sent. Prolonged signal loss will also cause a ‘fail safe’ alert SMS and email to be sent from the company’s server.
Co-Founder & CEO Christin Emmanuel George said, "We want to add a direct emailing or texting to nearest police station as soon as possible. We hope to get their consent in receiving and acting on such information."

Sentinel can send multiple SMS and e-mail alerts to preconfigured numbers and e-mail ids. The alerts would include last known location, direction of travel, mode of transportation and vehicle number (which the user can enter). The app has been designed for smart phones including all devices with Android, Blackberry, Symbian, iOS and Java operating systems. The application was designed with the urban woman in mind and requires a continuous cellphone signal.

It's a free app and can be downloaded from their website. 👍

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The iTunes App store for iPad just crossed a milestone by having more than 100000 apps - both free and paid. iPad has been able to establish itself as the...
Overdrive captured images of the new Volkswagen Touareg on testing rounds in Pune. The 2011 Touareg is a second generation model that made its debut last year. It is a...
Can't buy that awesome 3D TV? Don't be sad. The Pic3D film comes to your rescue and for your iPhone it costs only $25. I'm not particularly a fan of...
University of California PhD students Md Sazzadur Rahman and Ting-Kai Huang have launched MyPageKeeper | Facebook - a free app to scan your facebook profile and verify whether it has...
I recently purchased iPad 2 and have been searching for a decent, free app that lets you dial and receive video calls on the iPad 2. I've tried the iPhone...