Sending exe file in email attachment

How to send an exe file as an attachment in emails?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    by zipping it
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    No, it still not goes. It gives an error that zip contains an exe file.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Email services providers are smart enough to figure out what type of file is being sent through their system. Exe files are strictly prohibited because of security reasons.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    @varsha
    what biggie said is true.

if you really need to send the file ,you can use an alternative. Upload the file to a file uploading site such as File sharing and storage made simple (supports resume and gives full speeds)..copy the link of the uploaded file and send that link through the mail. The person at the other end can then download the file using the link sent through the email. or you could even sms him/her the link if convenient.
  • royalsxssoni
    royalsxssoni
    you can send/email it after changing it's extension type...but one thing keep in mind that extension type should not be a installation type...😁
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @Varsha ~
    If you want to attach the file to email itself, changing the .exe extension would be the best bet.
    I usually change it to a .dummy extension after which Gmail doesn't care about it πŸ˜‰

If I remember correctly, Yahoo used to allow .exe attachments. Anyway, I'm not sure whether they're allowing it now.
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    You can also send it after using rar. I have used this many times in the past but dont know about now.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @varsha: i think its better to upload that all files in your blog and give them blog address and ask them to download
    by this you can provide any sort of file
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    Thanks guys for such a quick response. Thank you so much.
  • anirow
    anirow
    optimystix
    @varsha
    what biggie said is true.

if you really need to send the file ,you can use an alternative. Upload the file to a file uploading site such as File sharing and storage made simple (supports resume and gives full speeds)..copy the link of the uploaded file and send that link through the mail. The person at the other end can then download the file using the link sent through the email. or you could even sms him/her the link if convenient.
    Thanks for giving this solution, even i was stuck with this problem of how to send exe through the email to my clients.
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Varsha,

Basically we cannot send exe files using mail as they have file scanners but we can fool them πŸ˜‰ here is how I used to send exe send through mail,

-> Rename the file extension to something else for example a.exe to a.exe.doc or a.doc (Make sure you send the instructions to the receiver how to rename the file back to exe and use it)

-> If your using winzip then use the encrypt option which is password protecting the file (in simple words) I would prefer and recommend 256Bit ASE encryption option, The mail servers will not be able to scan encrypted files properly.

-> If your using GMAIL then use winrar which is allowed by gmail and will not be scanned.

NOTE: If your using yahoo I guess all the formats are allowed to be attached but it if the file has virus it is removed or else it can be transfered.

Hope this helps!!

-Arvind

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HejπŸ˜‰ , I m kind of in a big trouble. I'm studying mechanical - industrial engineering and at the time kind of doing my intern in the company that specializes...
​[FONT="]Air Ejectors (2 of 3)[/FONT] -An air ejector or steam ejector is a device which uses the motion of moving fluid (Motive Fluid) to transport another fluid (Suction fluid). It...
i need the problem for the water jet cutting technology. Doing the internship in company that specializes in cutting service and i need the issue/problem related with abrasive water jet...
HCL is one of the biggies among all the computer companies they are providing summer training for 6000 INR (45 days) i was willing to join it but a few...
What type of drive do you think gives the best mileage? 1.Driving at normal speed by applying brakes and changing gears frequently? or 2.Driving at the top speed about 110...