Semiconductors:Introduction

Semiconductors

We all know by now that what are conductors , insulators and semiconductors. But still lets revise once.

upload_2014-7-3_9-16-8

20140703_075807
There is one more difference related to the energy band.

For it some definitions are necessary:

Valence Band: The band occupied by the electrons with the maximum energy which are in a ready state to leave the orbit.

Conduction Band: When any form of energy(heat) is given to the crystal lattice then they move to still higher level of energy, known as the conduction band.

Forbidden energy gap: The energy gap between that of conduction band and valence band where no electrons generally exist is called as the forbidden energy gap. 20140703_084252

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: From a new test for pancreatic cancer to the creation of the "quantifiable self" through health sensors, some of the best and the brightest young people are already hard...
TWBA is MOBA like game for Mobile OS Android, iOS & Windows developed by ProjektRed. Teaser : ​Will you buy this legendary game ? I know most of us don't...
Owing to the fact that the research, development and engineering institutes in India need the power of next-gen servers, Hewlett-Packard (HP) India has launched its latest server systems - the...
i have decided to make a project that uses GPS. but i don't know much about GPS, but i do know basics of c, c++ languages, so am just a...
Japanese multinational conglomerate, Sony is well known for offering variegated electronic products that can fit your everyday and professional needs. This time Sony has announced three stunning cameras for India;...