Self-Introduction: Allan

Hello. My name is Allan Hugo. I am a chemical engineer.
I was actively involved in the academic community where I taught Chemical
Engineering courses in Chemical Engineering Department of University of
Saint La Salle in Bacolod City Philippines.

I had my early retirement last November 2009 because of kidney problem.
I have been undergoing hemodialysis twice a week since July 2009.
Life goes on and God is good! 😀

I am now keeping myself busy online by contributing to the chemical engineering
community in any way I can. I founded the Che-Comp mailing list on October 1999.
Sadly though there is not enough email traffic in the list now. People have migrated
to a forum type discussion rather than mailing list.

I continue to contribute to the development of the chemical engineering world
by pointing students and professionals to resources they may need especially on
chemical engineering books. That's the reason why I created my personal website
ChemBookStore - a listing of chemical engineering books by categories where I research
chemical engineering books that may be needed by the profession and post them on
site. I maintain the site through the commissions I gain from book sale. It is an affiliate
of Amazon.

My current interest as of writing is on process simulation especially on using MS EXCEL.
I also have interest in ASCEND IV which I have been studying for quite a while. My other
interest is on the use of Computer Algebra System in the teaching of Mathematics in Engineering education.

My hobbies: chess and soccer.
I love to watch TV series on cooking. Haha!

Thank you very much for reading. God bless and it's nice to be here.

😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Very good to have you on CE, Allan. We hope you will enjoy CE and become an active contributor to various sections. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what does a pole and zero signifies in a filter....
hi my name is MOHSIN KHAN, i found this website via Naukri.com. I belongs to engineering field, i am pursuing BE in Electronics&communication branch. I am a final year student.
i hav downloaded dojo toolkit, n as in instructions in https://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-01-2009/jw-01-introduction-to-dojo-1.html?page=3, i hav created d folders also, i want to run javascript program via Xampp. bt my file hello. html...
Samsung's BADA operating system will now merge with the Tizen - which is an open source project that aims to combine the best of Bada & Nokia's MeeGo mobile operating...
WhatsApp messenger is soon coming to the dual sim Nokia Asha smartphones. Both Nokia and WhatsApp have confirmed that the app will be tightly integrated with Nokia's S40 platform. That...