Security tips for PC using registry..

To disable the access to USB port, for pen drive:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate, and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor
4. In the right pane, double-click Start.
5. In the Value data box, type 4, click Hexadecimal (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
To re-enable a disabled port:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor
4. In the right pane, double-click Start.
5. In the Value data box, type 3, click Hexadecimal (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    To disable Autorun feature of Removable drives:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\
    4. In the right pane, double-click NoDriveTypeAutorun.
    5. In the Value data box, type 4, click Hexadecimal (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
    6. Quit Registry Editor.
    Done... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am doing speech -music discrimination using matlab as my main project. In that i am having rms module , zcr module and lpc module. For each individual signal i...
Hello , I m Arun ,a b.tech 2012 passout . i have been searching for job since since June 2012 in Delhi Ncr . I know Java,J2ee,Android,Php,Drupal,Joomla. I joined a...
I have following questions p=VI If a power generated from a gas turbine is 300 megawatt, then what is the value of V & I in this power, and what...
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM ALLOWABLE SIZE OF GI PIPE CONNECTING TO THE DRAINAGE SPOUT OF FLYOVER (IN RAJASTHAN REGION) AS PER I S CODES .
In a latest move the IIT council last week approved a hike in fees up to an extent of 80% for BTech programs. Still it is claimed that the hike...