Security tip2:-

Due to advancements in technology there are lot of key loggers available in internet where even osk is also not quite helpful
So here is another tip

Type password in bits

For e.g. : If the password is β€˜amam’ (that’s not my password πŸ˜‰ ) type in β€˜am’ in the password box. Now click on a blank area in the window and so that the password box is not in focus anymore. Now type some random text (say β€˜monia’). This will not appear on the password box since it is out of focus. Now click on the password box and type some more of the password, say β€˜am’. Again click on a blank area and type some random words. Repeat this till you complete your password.

The Keyboard Logger would have recorded am-monia-am since most loggers can’t differentiate the fields.

Next tip will be added soon

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is interesting idea to enter password!

This helps in security, thanks for sharing this tip.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Well, this had been avoided in a Keylogger I wrote time ago, I find the password box & take the text written in it only, Don't know about any other keylogger.

The big problem that we've found theoretical solutions for, is the virtual keyboard very much harder to detect.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good tips! Thanks for sharing with us.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    good one πŸ˜€
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    MaRo
    Well, this had been avoided in a Keylogger I wrote time ago, I find the password box & take the text written in it only, Don't know about any other keylogger.

The big problem that we've found theoretical solutions for, is the virtual keyboard very much harder to detect.
    I agree with you. This method is not so secure. Also these keylogger logs will be read by a human who can brute force with the combination of words he gets. Also I feel it would be kinda hectic to remember doing this all the time we surf on a public computer.

Rather, if this trick was to be used, it would be better if the user used random combination of numbers and varying case alphabets.

that would confuse a manual guessing procedure but it will still be vulnerable to brute force attacks.
  • HImanshu_Sharma
    HImanshu_Sharma
    hey goyal, i have such a key logger which shows whre you typed the letters,,,so for it its not easy to escapes....
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Have you tried both the tricks ie security tip1 and 2 on this keylogger ?
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    goyal , the best option to be safe from keyloggers is to use virtual/onscreen keyboard. and better still if using 3rd party applications that can be used from pen drives.
  • HImanshu_Sharma
    HImanshu_Sharma
    i didn't tried bt it shows every activity performing on my pc..with its place...i'll try ok
  • sbscetferozpur
    sbscetferozpur
    hey their is other way to get rid of keylogger;
    just open ur on-screen keyboard,
    type by hitting on sceen letters ,
    those wiil not be traced by key logger....
    try it......
  • ONKSSSSS
    ONKSSSSS
    goyal420
    Due to advancements in technology there are lot of key loggers available in internet where even osk is also not quite helpful
    So here is another tip

Type password in bits

For e.g. : If the password is β€˜amam’ (that’s not my password πŸ˜‰ ) type in β€˜am’ in the password box. Now click on a blank area in the window and so that the password box is not in focus anymore. Now type some random text (say β€˜monia’). This will not appear on the password box since it is out of focus. Now click on the password box and type some more of the password, say β€˜am’. Again click on a blank area and type some random words. Repeat this till you complete your password.

The Keyboard Logger would have recorded am-monia-am since most loggers can’t differentiate the fields.

Next tip will be added soon
    😁😁😁😁😁

HAHA WHY DON'T YOU USE ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD INSTEAD?????
    😁😁😁😁😁
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    ONKSSSSS
    😁😁😁😁😁

HAHA WHY DON'T YOU USE ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD INSTEAD?????
    😁😁😁😁😁
    That tip was also mentioned by goyal as security tip-1, :smile:

See this,

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • HImanshu_Sharma
    HImanshu_Sharma
    brother this tip will also not work with that software...
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    nice tip. πŸ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii friends, friends while im searching for a miniproject topic i heard about "CLAP OPERATED FAN SPEED CONTROL".i think this is a good one but i dont have the circiut...
A typical design for an engine uses oil to contribute to the cooling of the engine. For example, an automotive "water cooled" engine usually has holes in the base of...
Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker File Size 5.04MB Create your own CD/DVD labels and CD jewel cases with the ultimate in ease and flexibility! If you're sick of guessing which songs...
All is set to add glitz and glamour to the month of April... Kamala Institute of Technology & Science-Singapur, Huzurabad, Karimnagar Dt. presenting you a NATIONAL LEVEL TECHNICAL & CULTURAL...
I am preparing a paper on the parallel implementation of goldberg's algorithm for maximizing network flow. Please help me by mailing whatever papers on the same you have access to...