Security: At-PREMISE or At- CLOUD?

We all know that the cloud computing is the next big thing!
There are many things that are easier to do in the cloud, but do you think managing the security one of them?

Basing security tools in the cloud can provide the benefits of cloud-based resource, that will include
low cost of entry,
simplicity of maintenance/upgrades,

However critics would say,
Guarantee of Security it self is hard enough when you control all the resources in cloud.
Complicacy of setting security for the first time

Security experts says that probably it is fine to shift the functions to the cloud, but the core stuff is best done on premise only.

What are your views?
Should Security be managed out of cloud?

-CB

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Software security and network security are two different things. So is cloud and firm environment. It completely depends on what you are trying to secure. You need to implement security on the live ware to protect the obvious threats. Cloud security is tough to break in virtual environment but easy to break in real. You just have to 'cut the cable'. So it needs an integrated security system to work. You cannot focus on only one aspect. They are two sides of same coin
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    How can a company claim over the security of its cloud security system?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    How can a company claim over the security of its cloud security system?

What do you imply from this? Please explain your question in detail

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please be patient with this stupid idea.I always wonder about the structures,buildings and science behind it But I want to know how much water get wasted in a restrooms due...
Mobile is the next biggest thing is the software market and already more than 60% of the big business is drifting towards mobile. This makes the mobile testing of the...
The recently launched Windows Server 2012 is doing wonders in server world. Windows has made an excellent attempt towards perfecting the Server Editions by rectifying their known issues. One of...
Most of the people here might be using Google as their primary search engine. You got any doubts, ask Google. Nowadays, google has become more of a verb. Googling seems...
Hey guys, I have a MicroMax Canvas 2 plus or you may call it A5110Q. I like to play games on mobile so can anyone suggest me some of the...