CrazyEngineers
  • Hello friend

I have got a query. I have installed a wireless router at home. At a time 2 people can access the net using it. At present only one wireless port is under use. I would like to make sure that the network is secure. I meant to say that I would like to make sure that no one else uses this service other than me when the router is switched on. How can I ensure this? A few people are residing in 10m distance from it. Please help.:sad:
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • PARTH.DP

MemberJan 6, 2009

you can secure your network.simply connect to the ip address of tour router.go in the security menuand keep password protedted .i did this for my wi-fi network.best of luck.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Priyalak

MemberJan 6, 2009

Thank you for that piece of information. 😀
    Cancel
  • ashuashi

MemberJan 7, 2009

Priyalak
    Hello friend

I have got a query. I have installed a wireless router at home. At a time 2 people can access the net using it. At present only one wireless port is under use. I would like to make sure that the network is secure. I meant to say that I would like to make sure that no one else uses this service other than me when the router is switched on. How can I ensure this? A few people are residing in 10m distance from it. Please help.:sad:
    What router you are using? You need to login to the router through its IP address. You can find the same in its manual - most probably. User the user name - admin (default access) password - admin or password in some cases. You can enable the security feature by giving your own password to access net through wi-fi. Also you can change the settings of connecting multiple users thru wi-fi if required by enabling the ip-addresses.

hope it helps, ;-)

regards,
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register