Securing wireless router network

Hello friend

I have got a query. I have installed a wireless router at home. At a time 2 people can access the net using it. At present only one wireless port is under use. I would like to make sure that the network is secure. I meant to say that I would like to make sure that no one else uses this service other than me when the router is switched on. How can I ensure this? A few people are residing in 10m distance from it. Please help.:sad:

Replies

• PARTH.DP
    PARTH.DP
    you can secure your network.simply connect to the ip address of tour router.go in the security menuand keep password protedted .i did this for my wi-fi network.best of luck.
  • Priyalak
    Priyalak
    Thank you for that piece of information. 😀
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Priyalak
    Hello friend

I have got a query. I have installed a wireless router at home. At a time 2 people can access the net using it. At present only one wireless port is under use. I would like to make sure that the network is secure. I meant to say that I would like to make sure that no one else uses this service other than me when the router is switched on. How can I ensure this? A few people are residing in 10m distance from it. Please help.:sad:
    What router you are using? You need to login to the router through its IP address. You can find the same in its manual - most probably. User the user name - admin (default access) password - admin or password in some cases. You can enable the security feature by giving your own password to access net through wi-fi. Also you can change the settings of connecting multiple users thru wi-fi if required by enabling the ip-addresses.

hope it helps, ;-)

regards,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi Crazyengineers, i'm zia.... i have an idea of taking cat exams, before going for it i want to check ma proficiency. so anybody out here who had taken cat...
Following article was submitted by CEan - Electron1212 aka Ashish Kumar for CE Innovator Contest.Category : Web Browsers Web Broswers...Why we use them ? well everyone knows this. How they...
hai frnds i am designing a automatic pellet handling device where it needs to rotate the cylindrical pellets(size 12X6mm) about its axis..so can anyone help me out plz...😕
CEans, Here is your chance to start 2009 with a big bang! All you have to do is to think and write an article on any of the following categories...
Discuss the announcement : https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/10394-ce-write-win-contest.html in this thread