Secure location and message sharing system for android

Guys please help me out with this..im searchin for an android project for my final year and this one seem to have caught my interest..i got the vague idea about it but can anyone explain to me what exactly its about ?

Present android-based location and message sharing system asks to input the personal information which fails to protect the privacy of information, has no centralized database which is causing the problem of data management and portability, and one main drawback is unable to have a secured two way communication between webserver and android based application. And this Android-based Location and Message Sharing System (ALMSS) is proposed for solving above mention problem. The proposed system uses Java programming language for android mobile user application, PHP programming language as webserver, MySQL as external database to store the data, JSON as intermediary between android platform and webserver and uses symmetric cryptography while communicating between android device and webserver which finally assures the protection of information. Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like the proposed ALMSS aims to solve the problem of secure communication between the location and messaging server and the Android App that connects with it. I'm not quite familiar with which problem is this proposed system trying to address, but it looks to be something related to the location based services - [a la foursquare?]. Someone more familiar with the matter can comment on this.
  • aneesh18
    aneesh18
    Thanks ,though im still not clear 😀 someone else familiar with this ??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aneesh18
    Thanks ,though im still not clear 😀 someone else familiar with this ??
    Tell me which part you think is difficult to understand so that we can focus more on it 😀 .
  • aneesh18
    aneesh18
    Actually I did some more searching and ended up figuring out what is proposed. The system basically is kind of an location based authentication system. It allows you to set certain locations as "authentication points " based on GPS co-ordinates. When the device is within that co-ordinates, the authentication is said to be successful . Outside, authentication fails. Basically , it aims to enable/ disable certain services in certain locations . For example, maybe when the device enters a hospital zone, it is automatically turned to silent mode. Im planning to implement it as a final year project. Any thoughts on its feasibility or how to actually go about implementing it ?
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    Any thoughts on its feasibility or how to actually go about implementing it ?
    You can easily implement ALMSS. If you want to know about the points of authentication. You can take the help of Google.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I AM A SECOND YEAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT I WANT TO UTILIZE MY WINTER BY DOING SOME TRAINING PLZ HELP WHAT WOULD BE BEST PLZ ALSO TELL WHAT TO DO...
HI I am Siddharth Santhamoorthy, doing my BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Thiagarajar College of Engg Madurai... I am interested in quizzing, reading manga etc.
If you're a fan of the Google's Nexus series phones, then the good news is that LG Nexus 4 (E960) will be coming to India around November 30. Saholic -...
So we have the sports utility vehicle (SUV) of motorcycles with the 'Brutus' - not to be confused with the Brutus electric motorcycle. The Brutus sports a 750 cc liquid-cooled,...
I'm curious to know which are the best LTE network providers in India apart from Airtel. I've been reading that 4G isn't quite equivalent to LTE (Long Term Evolution). What...