Scripting languages Bench Mark in Web development

Hi Guys,

Basically there are two types web of programming languages
1. Conventional programming languages like JAVA, C#, VB.NET etc...
2. Scripting languages like PHP, Ruby, Python etc...

Scripting languages emerge well specially in web programming. They reached as some bench mark as well. for example - RoR is selected as a most emerging technology in year 2008 by InfoQ.

I want to know, such benchmark from scripting languages for web programming.

Thanks,
Rajnikant

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How'd you select a benchmark programming language? Each scripting language is meant for specific purpose. So, it would be wrong to compare PERL with Javascript.

Ruby programming is no doubt one of the powerful & promising language. Rails is the platform. So Ruby might be worth considering.

Since everything's going 'Web' these days; PHP might be a good starting point. Once you gain some experience [3-4 months]; you can easily migrate to Ruby.
  • Rajnikant
    Rajnikant
    Thanks The_Big_K,

I do agree with your view. There is no comparisons, I actually wants to know any bench mark that scripting languages received. Any awards, recommodation from standard body etc...

Any means any bench mark, that prove scripting languages presence and capabilities.

Thanks,
    Rajnikant

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir i have done a course on ccna just now...now i m looking forward to make a project on my learning..that can be shown in my colg.i m looking forward...
Now the topic is weird or is it? I remember when I was in final year of engineering, one of the professors had asked folks in our class to talk...
1) Which is the world’s first credit card? A) American Express B) Visa C) Mastercard D) Diners Club Card 2) What do you call a person who is one hundred...
CEans who want to be ahead of the crowd - Here's Google Chrome 3 beta for you - Google Chrome (BETA)
Guys, if you have download the Google Chrome Beta [3.0], you can try out the Google chrome themes - https://tools.google.com/chrome/intl/en/themes/index.html Which one is the best Google Chrome Theme? 😀