CrazyEngineers
  • sai krishna
    sai krishna

MemberDec 6, 2007

scripting language

hi all,

i feel glad to post my first thread.can anyone explain me what is meant by "SCRIPTING LANGUAGE" .

i have learnt that java script is an "interpreted language".

what is meant by "interpeted language"?

thanks in advance.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Elisa

MemberDec 6, 2007

Scripting language is simply a programming language. Normally, a scripting language needs an Interpreter to work (not compiler). Since compilation of the code is not a mandatory step, any change to the code can be immediately reflected.

Yes, JavaScript is an interpreted language. As I said above, JavaScript needs an interpreter to execute.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • sai krishna

MemberDec 7, 2007

Elisa
    Scripting language is simply a programming language. Normally, a scripting language needs an Interpreter to work (not compiler). Since compilation of the code is not a mandatory step, any change to the code can be immediately reflected.

Yes, JavaScript is an interpreted language. As I said above, JavaScript needs an interpreter to execute.
    Thank u elisa.can u breifly explain me the difference b\n interpreter and compiler.

I think both are meant for translating the source code written in some language into machine understandable language.

Am i correct.if not please correct me.

Thanks once again.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register