ScratchJr

Linda Garmon submitted a new project:

#-Link-Snipped-# - We are developing a computer coding language for children ages 6 to 7!

Coding is the new literacy. That's why we are developing ScratchJr, a computer programming language for kids ages 5 to 7. The project was inspired by the popularity of Scratch, used by millions of young adults ages 8 and older all around the world.

The development of ScratchJr is a collaboration of the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab, Tufts University and the Playful Invention Company. As part of the development process, we launched a Kickstarter Campaign to raise funds to...
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    Scratch is an awesome tool to help kids understand the very basic fundamentals of programming. I had introduced it to a group of students in a local school. I noticed that it did take time for students below Std V (Grade 5) and Std IV (Grade 4) to understand it. Seems like ScratchJr will help them in this case. Hoping for a web based version of this project. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Quite an innovative concept. Looks like the days of BASIC are numbered.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Japanese smartphone maker Sharp has announced a new flagship smartphone for their Aquos line-up. The company has named this phone - Aqous Xx302Sh. The most peculiar thing about this smartphone...
Last year, Sony entered the mirrorless camera market by launching A7 and A7R and now it looks like the company wants to establish itself in this market. The Japanese company...
Apple was the first company to introduce the 64-bit architecture chipsets which debuted in iPhone 5s. The 64-bit CPU - Apple A7 was based on ARMv8 instructions. Now the news...
A new Kickstarter campaign has been launched for yet another innovative project created by M3D LLC. The company boasts of a compact, useful and affordable 3D printer. The printer is...
dear friends and seniors i am very new to etabs and i wasn't very good with structure design and analysis either so some of the question might seem very easy...