Satyam to hire 15000 people - do you believe it?

I just got the news that Satyam plans to hire about 15000 people in over the next few months.

Now, do you think they are serious? Or is it just to convince people that they are doing well and they've got lots of projects?

What do you think?

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    What is the news source ?? maybe its just a rumor ! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Source 1

#-Link-Snipped-#

Source 2

Satyam to hire 15,000 people this fiscal - The Economic Times

Source 3

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    Figure might not be exact but....Satyam is likely to hire 5000-8000 people... i had a news from my relative working as Project manager in Satyam..
    This year they got good number of projects and still there are some projects in pipeline...
  • Differential
    Differential
    How do they get good projects when all the world is heading toward recession ? I mean as far as I know in many Indian IT organization work has slowed down because of no new work !!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's the reason, I posted this thread! 😁 Insiders? Where are you?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Fire some Hire some... its like replacing your old bedsheets? What crap from Satyam.

To be very frank, half of Satyam's business comes from SAP services, so it not affected by the US financial crisis as others. But the litigation still looms large on them and it might cause a problem. Satyam does plan to set up a BIG training center in central India and I hear the work has already begun. (grape vine source)
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Okie...
    Satyam has indeed gave pink slips to around 4000 employees...
    but they say its for a normal phenomenon... not only Satyam.. almost all the IT companies have scrapeed employees excluding infosys...

incase they have recuitments...
    we should be aware..
    so please forward your resumes to
    -- i had removed the id--

will keep you posted about how to send the resumes
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All the best Durga; do let us know if you find anyone!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ahem ahem!!

latest news

source Times of India

timesofindiacom

not only Satyam it goes like:

"Satyam hiring 15,000, TCS to add 12,500, Infosys headcount to be up 25,000... Yes, you read it right! Contrary to the fears of major workforce pruning due to global economic slowdown, IT majors in India are set to ramp up their hiring plans.

While initial reports indicated that the slowdown could nibble at the revenues of IT firms, followed by a spate of pinkslips, delayed joining dates and promotion postponements, here comes the good news that there would be no freeze on the hiring front.

Though the slowdown has effected a review of the hiring policies and companies have adopted what they say are 'stringent quality measures', commitment to hire in such high numbers itself tends to belie the fears floating about IT taking a backseat as a career option"...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First off, I guess it was already mentioned in the Quick start guide that you're not supposed to use SMS language when typing in here. That said, on to the...
hello all, i'm a final year student in Computer science department and i'm stuck searching for ideas for my graduation project i have many ideas but the problem that my...
Hello All, Incase Satyam does have recruitments... we (satyamites) will be aware of it and some times we can as well submit resumes of our friends...as recomendation So let's keep...
I'm looking to trade my old and used mobile phones for cash, which are lying under my drawer. Need the precise details of payment mode of mobile phone recycling. Any...
😁Helo everyone ive just registered with C.E im still a third year diploma student