Satyam fired by worldbank

Problems are approaching a never ending streak for Indian IT major Satyam Computer systems. They have recently been banned from working with Worldbank.

Satyam who is well known in the public sector contracts is all set to lose further business with World Bank and its allies forever. It is believed that Satyam has breached the confidentiality when world bank officials found a spyware installed on its work stations. Investigators say that the software, which operates through a method known as keystroke logging, enabled every character typed on a keyboard to be transmitted to a still-unknown location via the Internet.

Wow! Satyam sure is geting into a bigger mess. After the Maytas fiasco and the Upaid suit, this is the third major setback for the $2 billion corporation. No wonder Satyam's stock has lost almost 40% of its value.

Here's the news --> #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I am worried for its employees ๐Ÿ˜” . Poor fellows !!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Yeah... and one of them is our own CEan Durga.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    If its employees are like durga ,no tensions ๐Ÿ˜€. They are superb !!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    shalini_goel14
    If its employees are like durga ,no tensions ๐Ÿ˜€. They are superb !!!
    Wow Durga, you have a fan base already ๐Ÿ˜
    Tell us what is the environment in the company like?

PS: Shalini, I think you ought to send me a 'mail draft'
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    mayurpathak
    Which 'mail draft'?? I didn't get you.๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    Problems are approaching a never ending streak for Indian IT major Satyam Computer systems. They have recently been banned from working with Worldbank.

Satyam who is well known in the public sector contracts is all set to lose further business with World Bank and its allies forever. It is believed that Satyam has breached the confidentiality when world bank officials found a spyware installed on its work stations. Investigators say that the software, which operates through a method known as keystroke logging, enabled every character typed on a keyboard to be transmitted to a still-unknown location via the Internet.

Wow! Satyam sure is geting into a bigger mess. After the Maytas fiasco and the Upaid suit, this is the third major setback for the $2 billion corporation. No wonder Satyam's stock has lost almost 40% of its value.

Here's the news --> #-Link-Snipped-#
    The thread icon is this -> [โ€‹IMG] . Are you happy that Satyam is in a mess? ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Yes. I'm happy because Satyam is known for bribing officials to get lucrative public sector deals. This had to happen sooner or later.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I read the news and it says spyware was found on critical systems that allowed Chinese hackers to compromise the systems.

Anyone's got detailed information?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    mayurpathak
    Wow Durga, you have a fan base already ๐Ÿ˜
    Tell us what is the environment in the company like?

Hi All,

Hey Shalini.. That's nice of you.
    Mayur, company is good... infact I say the management here is too good.. forget about hikes... even Google is giving away cell phones instaed of hikes to it;s employeess..

I have not been too long in Satyam.. it's just 2+ yrs.. and have been with same team and undersame manager since then.. so personaly i find it awesome...

and on a larger scale.. it's doing what all company's are currnelty doing.. handing over pink slips , less hikes... and as far as spyware is concerned...i cmae to about it through times of india.. not from internal sources.. so can't say
  • aashima
    aashima
    All the recently recruited freshers, waiting for joining dates are being declined of any possibility of receiving joining dates. There offer letters have been canceled!
    Thats Bad!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I read in today's news papers that Ramalinga Raju, the chairman of board and promoter of Satyam was planning to divest the company. The news may be just a rumour, but it true it means Satyam is up for SALE
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Not sure if SATYAM is for sale... but the news about Raju is kinda being discussed

Raju is one of the stakeholders and he might be moving out if the board asks for.

hmmm :rolling eyes:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I bet Infosys would want them. Or it could be Mr. Premji of WIPRO!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    IBM was s trong contender long time back... we came to know it was just another rumour..

and Raju and family holds around 9% shares.. lets see
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Raju is the majority share holder amongst the board. By the way Durga, Raju owns much more than 9% ๐Ÿ˜€ Its through a holding company. 9% is his individual share.

Raju owns the right to decision making and is putting the holding share.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ๐Ÿ˜”

i don't know how else can I defend..
    my father was mentioning that three of Board room directors have resigned.. and a meet on JAN 10 would discuss about reorganisation... he was apprehensive about the dilution or mergin or overtaking of company..

let's wait till jan 10.. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    another article ! hugh!
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • aashima
    aashima
    I thought, also is being said, Satyam will soon be out for sale or merger but its not the same what people close to it say. The high officials are re-assuring that things will soon be set straight though it may take some time.
    Also, Satyam has asked World Bank for an apology. That indicates there has been some misinterpretation though its yet to be stated at which end the misinterpretation lies. ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi can any one give me code for searching a key node in a binary tree. (code is either in java or c++ better in java)๐Ÿ˜›
hi.. The topic is whether the condition of India in present global scenario is still of emerging global leader or is there has been a setback in the position of...
hai friends can i have a friend hear iam a new user
can u plz suggest me list of projects for computer stream,as i hv to submit my majors in march.... plz post as soon as possible(try to post most of web...
Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays to everyone!