Saroj Kumar Nayar - Tech Mahindra Employee commits suicide in Hinjewadi, Pune

This is absolutely shocking!

As reported here - #-Link-Snipped-# , Saroj Kumar Bramhanand Nayar (26), an employee of Tech Mahindra, a Pune based software company committed suicide in Hinjewadi, Pune. He was a resident of Chandan Nagar, Pune.

This is second case of suicide in Pune [India's IT Hub] by a software engineer. While the reason for the suicide is unknown; people have been talking about the growing frustration among IT engineers.

We'll update this discussion as we get more news.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Update] as reported by IBN Live:

Sarojkumar Bramhanand Nayar, a 26-year-old engineer working with ACS Ltd, a sub-contract firm of Tech Mahindra, was found hanging on a teakwood tree in a forest near Wakad on Tuesday morning, less than a fortnight after Sandeep Shelke, an employee of city-based IT firm Persistent Systems had jumped off his office building on August 8. Unlike Shelke, Nayar left no suicide note. Nayar hailed from Vishnupura, Baileygram, Ninapuri in Orissa.

“The post mortem report says that Nayak died of strangulation. No other wounds were found on his body. Investigations are on to confirm the cause of his death,” said Police Sub Inspector Pratap Pawar of Hinjewadi police station.

Saroj was not a Tech Mahindra employee but a sub-contract employee working on a Tech M assignment. He was an employee of ACS Ltd
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    What is happening with the techies in Pune? Are software Engineers under threat of stress related weaknesses?

This is getting serious.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Very sad news 😔 My condolences to his family.

I wonder if it is related to stress again. For now its just speculation, yes?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    I wonder if it is related to stress again. For now its just speculation, yes?
    Can say that as of now. But they say he was strangulated. So possibilities are endless. That reminds me of 'Urban Legend' 😒

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Does anyone here have any experience building circuitry for electrochemical cells? I've got a rather expansive problem with my circuit, or more appropriately, a series of IC's I've been using....
Not a repost, more of an FYI. Since my project spans both electronics and chemistry I thought I'd give you chemmies a heads up to look in the electronics forum...
hi................. Im Ankita.. Im a new
Sorry for not using the template at first itself. Ankita Deshpande. Mechanical Engineer (diploma) Pune. Working with Eaton technologies pvt. ltd. hobbies are none special but I like reading books....
hi. i am Ankita I have completed my diploma in mech engg. I just wanted to know whether I can pursue a distant learning course in management along with my...