SAP or Software Testing?

Hii , i am currently working as a developer in SAP in an IT firm. I recently got an offer letter from an electronics company (offering almost double the current package) for the post of Software tester. But they do only manual testing and not automation testing. I also heard that tester job is bit less challenging and too boring and monotonous. Please guide me. I am getting to learn a lot in my current job and any stream is ok for me as far i get to learn new things.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-#. The product companies will not mind paying more money than the services companies. Also, I'd strongly recommend switching jobs for the sake of money. It might be alluring at the first sight; but has a strong potential to go against your own interests in the longer run.

If you are happy with your work and have no strong (bolded for stress) reason / desire to switch, stay in your current role. It appears that you've been through the interview process at the new company fully knowing that the role would be that of a software testing engineer.

Be aware that software testing job cannot be 'generalised' as boring and monotonous. Those who call it boring aren't building rockets for ISRO either. There are thousands of developers out there who'd kill to switch their Java development jobs without thinking.

What you need to know is - do you want to opt for testing? Do you have strong reasons not to continue and grow in your current job? If you do not know what is it that you should be doing; you're bound to get bored in any new job that you do.

Does that give you a direction? Feel free to add your comments or questions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering how many of you have actively used LinkedIn for job search? I've been a LinkedIn user for a long time and haven't found anyone contact us for job...
The month of June 2015 will be one second longer. Because of the Earth's rotation, this month is going to be longer by a second - that the midnight coordinated...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to...
There are many websites around that follow the model of FreeCharge. I have used the website many times and have received really good deals for recharging my phone through them....
Hi friends, In context to object oriented programming: - What is the difference between data abstraction and data encapsulation?Are they both implementing information hiding? 'A class encapsulates the methods and...