SAP basis

Hi!! recently i have completed my ccna certification.. n some of my fnzs advise me to do sap basis!! then u have a bright carrer ..To be frank i have no idea abt sap basis ?πŸ˜’ !! i wanna know if i do sap basis huv it will hewl me in growth of my career
I would appreciate if any one can help me ... πŸ˜”

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Jyothi, welcome to CE.

Please note that it is very important to post the questions in the appropriate section. Also, please take a moment to go through Lectures 1-4 in our Newbie Training section (Links in my signature).

*Moving the thread from Newbie Training Center to Computer Engineering section.

-The Big K-
  • jyothivelpula
    jyothivelpula
    I am sorry biggie.. this is my first post !!!as i have no idea where to put this post actuallyy.. nxt time it doesn't happen again
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jyothivelpula
    I am sorry biggie.. this is my first post !!!as i have no idea where to put this post actuallyy.. nxt time it doesn't happen again
    Thanks. Don't worry πŸ˜€ , its just to ensure that the questions get viewed by right people so that they can reply. Lectures just ensure that all CEans follow a simple protocol.

I'll convey your query to one of my friends who's been into SAP for quite some time.

-The Big K-
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    jyothivelpula
    Hi!! recently i have completed my ccna certification.. n some of my fnzs advise me to do sap basis!! then u have a bright carrer ..To be frank i have no idea abt sap basis ?πŸ˜’ !! i wanna know if i do sap basis huv it will hewl me in growth of my career
    here is a link to get you started with the basis #-Link-Snipped-#
  • dayanandavt
    dayanandavt
    [FONT="]Hi Jyothi,

Congrats on ur CCNA...Even me too CISCO certifier.
    As of my experience it is better to step up the CISCO ladder as CCNP.... etc other than SAP

If u r working then better to be in one technology like Networking...

Regards
    daya[/FONT]
  • jyothivelpula
    jyothivelpula
    Hi Everyone !!
    First of all let me thank for every one who rplied for my thread.. I am happy to see this from C.E...

hi daya thanq n congrats to u too for being a cisco certified person!! U know no one in my family supporting me to go into d infrastructure side... wht they telling z u dont have rapid growth in dis side n moving fwd u cant c girls ... even i had tht exp.. coz i am working in hclcomnet where i can count girls !! any way i am not more worried abt tht!! but i dont know moving fwd huv my careeer will be????
  • dayanandavt
    dayanandavt
    [FONT="]
    Hi Jyothi,

I think u r talking by only w r t Chennai, I don't think same will be in other cities. If u be in the Networking side lot of opportunities r there even in my company too.
    Wat i can suggest is in our bangalore there are many opportunities r there, u can try for B'glore.[/FONT]

- daya[​IMG]
  • rpkash
    rpkash
    jyothivelpula
    Hi Jyothi,
    SAP BASIS, let me guide you what it actually is. SAP has its own propriotory language called ABAP. Now the BASIS is the system level of ABAP. Thats means the whole of ABAP is placed on it. Whenever you code something in ABAP, the instructions go to the BASIS level, where it finds out the meaning of the ABAP instructions and helps it to attain its reason. Thus BASIS, understands what a piece of code needs to do and helps it attain its purpose.
    Hope i have cleared your doubt. Please revert incase of any other confusion.
    Regards,
  • jyothivelpula
    jyothivelpula
    Hi prakash,
    Thanks for updating me
  • rpkash
    rpkash
    Hi Jyothi,

I think you are more inclined in knowing what is the BASIS Administration?

Also, In the world of computers, networking is the practice of linking two or more computing devices together for the purpose of sharing data. Networks are built with a mix of computer hardware and computer software.

So from a very high level we can say that the role of a BASIS administrator is to see whether all the SAP Systems are properly connected and the data exchange is fast and proper between them.

A BASIS adminstrator would be a person who has to understand how the system functions. Like any other administrator he/she needs to have a proper understanding of the system, in this case SAP System.

When we say "BASIS", it's not actually assembly language level. Hmmm...ok let me try to make the picture clear to you.

Lets see what is assembly language. When a person writes methods in C++, the commands are translated to machine code, the assembly language which is understood by computer.

Now, SAP ABAP is something which is developed in low level programming language like C. Ya, at the roots, its C/C++. But the user nor the administrator can see the C++ codes and methods which are called. Its encapsulated heavily by the SAP BASIS. Hence BASIS is something which is an interface to SAP's GUI and Low Level Programming languages.

But when we talk about BASIS administrator, the knowledge of underlying low level programming language is not required at all. The BASIS administrator is the one who sets up the SAP System, creates user, takes system backup from time to time, create and runs job, check the system load, help in transfer of data remotely to different other systems in the landscape etc and etc.

Pheww..... I hope i was able to paint the picture for you. Well about books, to be frank, i have not read any so i can't tell which ones are good. Its better if you can go for a proper training institutes which could provide you SAP Systems to practice and learn. SAP Systems are very expensive so i think only way to learn it properly is to get associated with some company or training institutes which have them.

Thats would be all from my side πŸ˜€.

Regards,
    Ravi .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hey Ravi,

How about compiling this information in an article? If you are interested, drop a mail to admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com.

-The Big K-
  • rpkash
    rpkash
    jyothivelpula
    I appologise if this is a stupid question but plz can u breif me abt sap basis?
    Jyothi
    And Jyothi, i think i should apologise for not making distinction between SAP BASIS and BASIS Admin. πŸ˜€.
    I can see, i created a lot of confusion there πŸ˜€.
    Sorry for that :smile:.
    Regards,
    Ravi .
  • rpkash
    rpkash
    The_Big_K
    Hey Ravi,

How about compiling this information in an article? If you are interested, drop a mail to admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com.

-The Big K-
    Hi The Big K,
    These articles might contain some erroneous content. Since here its more informal and more from my experience point of view. I mean, whatever i write in the posts is out of my own experience, but if i need to write an article, then i'll have to validate each input with proper data from books and good sites πŸ˜”. But since you have pointed this out, i would try to format and validate these findings in a proper article πŸ˜€.
    Regards,
    Ravi .
  • jyothivelpula
    jyothivelpula
    Hi Ravi,

Thanks a ton for updating me
  • jyothivelpula
    jyothivelpula
    Hi Ravi,

Thanks a ton for updating me
  • crook
    crook
    I think it would help if you continue to discuss on this thread itself. The discussion will benefit lot of other members who want help on the same topic.
  • rpkash
    rpkash
    jyothivelpula
    Hi Ravi,

Thanks a ton for updating me on sap basis! I really appreciate for your prompt response..You gave me more information which I needend, infact you educated me on sap basis. Looking forword to know more information from you.. will be posting u mail if i have any dougnt(if u dont mindπŸ˜”)

Many thanks
    Jyothi
    Hi Jyothi,

Not a problem, you can reach me either through mail or through the post. Either ways is ok with me. Looking forward to solve any of your queries πŸ˜€.

Regards,
    Ravi .
  • g.chandan
    g.chandan
    rpkash Thank u very much for ur simple clarification............

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What country in the world has the best educational system?
Every organisation today, let it be big or small is more or less dependent on computers. In other words, say it like this "We have become techie!". I have often...
Lot of innovation has been done but I wonder not anyone thought about this! I am starting this thread to discuss if it is possible to transfer smell from one...
Name: Marwan Yassin (MaRo) *Engineering Trade: Computer Location: Egypt *Occupation: (Student | Undergrad at a unversity in Egypt) *Hobbies & Interests: Computers, PCs, Macs (anything has keyboard & microprocessor), Music...
well am a newbie to all this PHP n javascripts thing and if i had anything to spend time with these then itz just been the free hours besides my...