SAP BASIS Career....

hello friends,
I am new to this forum.

i work for an MNC. i did my ug in Electroincs and PG MBA-Information Systems. i am 5 years experienced(in electonics and IT). I am a flash interactive application developer in my company i am involved more in Flash interactive application development, webservices and integrating it with web server and client. I am also one of the trainers for Intranet development for Asia pacific regions of my company. i would like to shift my career to SAP. i am very much interested in SAP BASIS admin. i would like to do this course. Currently i am doing my MCSE certification. after completing it, i have planned to do BASIS certification.
i have good knowledge in administrating the windows server 2003 and xp, will i be able to make my carreer in SAP field? would it help? will i get job after i complete BASIS certification??? this question is because currently i am a multidedia developer.. can you please suggest,
i request you to give your suggestions and guidance.
regards,
Ashok.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The best place to look for a switch would be your own company. Try to get in touch with your company's HR and they'll tell you how to go about it. However, it might take some time (about 1-1.5 years to make a switch).

Secondly, if you've joined any institute for the BASIS certification, they'll be able to guide you with the job search. If you have the solid reasons for the shift (you'll be grilled on reasons you want to shift to BASIS) there should not be any problem in making the shift.

I'd strongly advice to keep your job while you prepare for the BASIS certification and float your resume on all job portals. You never know who might come hunting for you 😀

All the best,
  • ashokknandha
    ashokknandha
    Thanks... this is what i have planned.....

- aShOk..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ashokknandha
    Thanks... this is what i have planned.....

- aShOk..
    That's a good strategy. Keep us updated. We look forward to having you as our active member! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  • ashokknandha
    ashokknandha
    sure...

-ashok

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please send me any data if u have on the project on switching of high voltage machine
bad news guys.....cell phone jammer is out of the question now my project supervisor just informed me that i should do a project with some mechanical parts,some computer interfacing and...
Say a capacitor is placed parallel in the middle of a cicuit with a switch at one end. The switch can be switched to connect to the first circuit on...
I’m looking for some support to complete a private invention. I have attached the link with all the details. I have searched from some help locally (Switzerland) but didn’t find...
Our state(A.P,India) C.M. is missing Earlier today about 10:13AM the flight he was travelling lost communication with radar and he was lost in Forest. Looks like a movie story but...