Sanitary Pipe Broken: Replacement Help

Hi to civil section,
I'm new to this section. A problem made me enter to this section of crazy engineers.
The problem is that a sanitary pipe that was connected to our building was broken by a crane, that was on a work. It was intentional, they wanted to plug in a huge water pipe, so they had to make a path for that pipe. So, they broke sanitary pipe that was connected to our building.
Please tell me the steps/cares that need to be taken while repairing it. The material of the pipe is hard stone/RCCcement like material, should i be okay with using PVC pipes? And should i replace the complete pipe/ only the part broken? Is it okay, if there is a slight increase in its hight(about 1 ft), wouldnt it block the sewage,(does the increase in height create prob, because the huge pipe below is obstructing the path of sanitary pipe?

Image indicates the problem.[​IMG]

Replies

• ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Any answers?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i don't think increasing the height in that section alone would help. that would create problems. but if it is possible you can increase the whole line to a higher level when it branches from main canal.
    how deep is your line from ground? because there is a certain depth that has to be maintained for sewer lines
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i don't think increasing the height in that section alone would help. that would create problems. but if it is possible you can increase the whole line to a higher level when it branches from main canal.
    how deep is your line from ground? because there is a certain depth that has to be maintained for sewer lines
    Hi civilprincess,
    I'm going to replace the pipe completely below the Road, does that work well?
    The depth of the pipe is about 5-6 ft. I'm going to use PVC pipes, since the old hard pipes are not available these days.

I'm not sure how i can replace the pipe to a good condition, since there is a huge metal pipe obstructing the new pipe(about .8 - 1ft). Should i replace the pipe from the septictank(there is one checkpoint tank). What if the pipe is bent in curved manner?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i think replacing the whole pipe would be better. the pipeline should be atleast a metre below the road level. thats the only point you should note. i think bending it in a curved manner would not be a bad idea. but i think its better if you check with a professional before getting into the work. also ask some professional if the PVC pipe can take the load from the vehicles on the road. if it doesn't it'll create more problem for you. 😀
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i think replacing the whole pipe would be better. the pipeline should be atleast a metre below the road level. thats the only point you should note. i think bending it in a curved manner would not be a bad idea. but i think its better if you check with a professional before getting into the work. also ask some professional if the PVC pipe can take the load from the vehicles on the road. if it doesn't it'll create more problem for you. 😀
    Yep, i asked a professional engineer, he said a PVC pipe would be okay. So you mean to change the complete pipe from tank to the main drain( with increasing the height of 1 ft).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to SamsungHub, Samsung executives have confirmed that Samsung Tablets this year won't have the SAMOLED aka Super AMOLED displays. The tablet with awesome SAMOLED might be due to release...
I'm not particularly a fan of 3D videos, but they are nice to watch sometimes. For those who are keen on shooting in 3D, SONY has released the Bloggie 3D...
if a person in America having 100$ and wanted to buy 100 birds. birds should be only three in nature. birds are sparrow, parrot and eagle. Prices in market is...
hw to join tis?? wats the elgibility criteria for tis?? 😎
Hello people, the launch of NASA's Endeavour space shuttle was delayed. read more on our official blog voiCE for further details. 😀 Endeavour Delayed - Expected To Be Launched On...