Samsung Smart TVs Will Run On Tizen OS In 2015 - Features Overview

Multinational conglomerate, Samsung has announced that all of its Smart TVs in 2015 will work on a new smart platform based on Tizen operating system. In order to give the consumers a feel of the enhanced TV experience, the Tizen-powered TV will be showcased at CES 2015. Basically, Samsung wants Tizen to be a major part of all its smart devices varying from Smart TVs to smartphones because it allows the developers to easily create compatible components. Simply put, Tizen being an open source platform allows developers to add more features to it. Before showcasing the SmartTV at CES, Samsung has listed some of the features on its official site. Let’s have a quick look at these features.

samsung

For seamless navigation and quick access to its content, the Smart Hub of the Smart TV will be on one screen. The redesigned Smart Hub is more efficient as it has optimized four-direction control that will improve the access to the content. The first screen of the Hub will display most recent content and will also suggest more entertainment options. By using Wi-Fi Direct the system will allow the Smart TV to sync with other devices. It will allow the Smart TV to share content in one click without any interruption. Moreover, the Smart TV software can automatically search for mobile devices and connect to them by using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).This feature will allow users to have a multi-screen integrated experience as they can enjoy videos or live broadcasts across various smart devices compatible with the Smart TV.

The key features such as Samsung Sports Live for watching live games, PlayStation for playing PlayStation 3 games by pairing TV with DUALSHOCK 4 controllers and Now Milk Video that shows most liked video clips from websites will be provided.

Tizen is a project controlled by a Technical Steering Group (TSG) that includes Samsung, Intel and other companies. This is not the first time that the Tizen-powered TV will be on display for audience. Samsung has already introduced a prototype of the SmartTV at Tizen Developer Conference in San Francisco last year.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

2014 was the year of wearables as a plethora of smart wearables appeared in the limelight. Among all the wearables, smart watches were very successful in grabbing peoples attention. Initially...
Each mobile messaging user has experienced the freak-out when a message gets sent to someone it's not supposed to read or when having second thoughts after hitting the 'send' button....
A new tablet featuring the Windows 8.1 operating system has arrived in India as HP Stream 8 makes it way on across e-commerce portals in the nation. The Wi-Fi enabled...
I want to share a very bad incidence which happened with me in 2013. While staying in Pune, during my absence (I was in office), someone theft my laptop and...
I logged in to CE today to contribute something since contributions my end because absolute last year, SO instead of I am back or some other posts i think this...