Samsung’s New 13 MP Camera Module Promises Better Stability & Low Light Images

After calling and texting, the third most used function used on a smartphone is its camera. While Nokia and Sony caught up this trend early and delivered smartphones with excellent cameras like Nokia Lumia 1020 and Xperia Z1 respectively, Samsung was left behind. Since the Korean manufacturer sells more Android handsets than any other manufacturer it has been working hard on developing a camera module that can give the above mentioned devices a run for their money. With a post on its #-Link-Snipped-# it has given details of the new module that was developed by Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co Ltd. The 13 megapixel camera module has an anti-shake function that can correct angular error of up to 1.5 degrees. Samsung states that its optical image stabilisation is twice as much as effective as compared to regular cameras which usually offer angular error correction of 0.7 degrees.

Samsung Sensor

To add more light to the low light images Samsung has increased exposure times in dimly lit surroundings by which images are now eight times brighter as compared to previous Samsung products. Since camera modules tend to drain the most battery, Samsung has tried to keep the battery consumption as low as possible. Finally the good bit, you do not have to buy a Samsung smartphone to get this camera because Samsung is planning to sell these camera modules to other smartphone manufacturers as well but you have to wait till 2014 for that as Samsung will not be mass producing the modules until the next year.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans you could have heard about the “GLOW PLUG MODULE”/”GLOW PLUG CONTROL MODULE” . It’s a device which looks similar to spark plug but GPM is widely used in...
We know that there are many ignition systems widely used in automobile sector to improve the efficiency and timing but there is a necessity for analyzing the best and apt...
Why different companies use different firing order ? we know that firing order will be defined to the companies requirements.Whether it may be power or efficiency or sound.We know that...
Name: Don *Engineering Trade: Industrial Location: St. Louis, MO. USA *Occupation: (Working) at BIN (BIN95.com) an industrial training company. Work Experience: (industrial automation) *Hobbies & Interests: TDC and PLCs *Aim...
I have two memory cards with similar problems.The main problem is that my memory card cannot be accessed by through both phone and pc.But If I insert it in my...