Samsung NX500 Camera Features 28 MP Sensor And 4K Video Recording Support

The latest addition to its portfolio of innovative cameras is the all-new Samsung NX500, unveiled yesterday by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Sporting an amazing combination of stylish design and advanced technologies, the NX500 camera boasts of a DRIMeV image processor, 28 megapixel BSI APS-C sensor, NX AF system III, 4K and UHD video recording supports and Samsung Auto Shot features. It won't be wrong to say that the Samsung NX500 is a compact version of Samsung NX1 camera. Along side the high-end features for capturing beautiful pictures, the NX500 is equipped with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for being connected and a 1130 mAh battery that should last a significant part of the day on a single recharge.

The company vouches for a superior image quality thanks to the ultra-high resolution backside illumination sensor. Moreover, with one of the most advanced compression technology, the HEVC Codec is built-in with the NX500 camera and thus makes it easier to save high quality videos by compressing them to half the size at a bit rate of H.264 footage, without any compromise on quality. The DRIMeV processor not only adds up to fast responsiveness, but also brings about improved noise reduction and color reproduction.

Samsung-NX500-Camera-Launched-28-megapixel-4k-recording

The camera sports a 3 inch super AMOLED touch screen FVGA display that can be tilted or flipped. The Interval Capture mode lets users convert still images into a UHD Time-lapse video directly on the camera. So, there's no need to transfer images to a PC for achieving that. Some of the other value added features include - SMART mode and attachable flash. Interestingly, the Samsung Auto Shot (SAS) feature uses motion detection to accurately predict when to capture the perfect shot in difficult scenarios. We also thought that the 9FPS continuous shooting mode means that it will be easy for NX500 users to monitor and capture ongoing action shots.

Samsung Electronics has promised to launch the NX500 camera in black, brown and white colors across the globe by March 2015. The camera is priced at $799 and it includes a 16-55mm kit lens. What are your thoughts on the price and specs of the new Samsung NX500 camera? Share with us in comments below.

Soruce: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It's a real deal. As compare to other APS-C camera it's very small (not pocketable though) but lens swapping is definitely has edge over Sony RX100. But $800 which will be ~60K in India is too much.
    30-32K would be awesome price.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Agree. The camera looks way too overpriced. What are its biggest competitors in international market? Any idea?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am not shutting down my laptop since last two days. I am just hibernating it. I have compiled my kernel from sources and added this patch . And honestly...
Back in November 2014, news about Mi India, the maker of Xiaomi smartphones, planning to manufacture their mobile devices right here in India starting making rounds. Well now, keeping up...
Raspberry Pi continues to be one of the most favoured DIY board around the world. I'd love to see all the interesting projects you are working on in your part...
Dear Sir, I am currently working in MNC as IOS app developer. I have overall 2 year 8 month IT experience. In IOS App dev I have around 2 years...
Even with the medical advances of today, the age-old process of blood tests requires the patient to go to the pathology lab, give the blood sample and wait for about...