Samsung Might Unveil Bendable Display Smartphones At MWC 2017: Report

If a report from Bloomberg is to be believed, South Korean electronics and smartphone manufacturer Samsung is planning to launch smartphones with bendable or foldable displays by as soon as 2017. Anonymous sources from the company revealed this information to news conglomerate Bloomberg just a few hours ago. According to the leak, there shall be two smartphones with bendable screens. The displays shall use organic light emitting diodes (OLED). You might note here that Samsung is the biggest supplier of OLED panels for mobile displays which means it could also extend this technology to other smartphone manufacturers as well.

Samsung

The first smartphone from Samsung that might be launched at the next Mobile World Congress which is scheduled to be held in February 2017 just a few months before Apple is scheduled to launch its new iPhone with the OLED display. The smartphone would be shaped like a cosmetic compact which would unfurl to a full sized smartphone. The second device would start off like a regular 5-inch smartphone and once opened would have a display of 8inches, roughly the size of a tablet. The important thing to note here is that the smartphones would not be part of flagship Galaxy S smartphone range. The smartphones are being produced under the code name “Project Valley”.

A new piece of information that has surfaced from this leak is that the next ‘Note’ phablet from the company would be christened as Note 7 instead of Note 6 skipping a generation just to bring it in line with the flagship Galaxy S smartphone range. Since Samsung has refused to comment on this leak when contacted by the media, the information should be taken with a grain of salt. For the meanwhile feast your eyes on a video made by Samsung a few months ago showcasing a concept design of its bendable smartphone.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need to create a postage stamp size trackpad in order to make a product I am working on, for my current proto type i have an (ergonomictouchpad Ergo Touchpad...
ZTE recently introduced its successor to the Blade A1 . ZTE (Zhongxing Telecommunication Equipment Corporation), which recently launched its flagship phone Axon 7, unveiled the Blade A2, which costs CNY...
hai...iam kavya.gv..i completed my btch in 2016...now iam getting coaching for GATE 2017 in ACE academy at hyderabad... I want to know is there any thing else better to me...
Lumigon- a Scandinavian company, known for its traditional design and high-end consumer electronics product, launched its 3rd series of smartphone-Lumigon T3. The device is not only equipped with best-in class...
Why ur leave IT industry??? Would u tell me better option for abroad software developer job best countries for software developer.