Samsung India E-Store Is Samsung's Own Online E-Commerce Website

Samsung has silently launched the #-Link-Snipped-# website to sell their products online to Indian customers. The store is operated by savex computers ltd. which also is the national distributor of Samsung's products. Savex computers will manage and operate the website and also handle the logistics part. The prices of the Samsung products listed on the SamsungIndiaEStore are slightly higher than the competition from Flipkart (which obviously surprises us). Currently the site is in beta stage and we'll only know further details about it once Samsung decides to announce it officially.

I'm not sure whether Samsung is doing the right thing by offering a third party vendor to manage and run the online store for them. Microsoft suffered a lot after their online store Microsoftstore got hacked and all the personal data including credit card information of the customers was stolen (the company was saving that data in plain text!). Because if something goes wrong with the store; it will be the brand 'Samsung' that will suffer the most.

What do you think about SamsungIndiaEStore? Will it handle the competition from the existing ecommerce giants like Flipkart and Junglee (By Amazon)?

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    That is for Sure if Samsung has to retain in the market and competing with the other eCommerce giants they have to bring good attractive schemes and offers and also in my opinion the genuineness of the products is better in their own sites ,rather than purchasing it from any other third parties sites..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was surfing the net and came across that Samsung and few more are working towards launching a digital camera with Android as OS for it with gr8 features for...
It was in news that the car makers in India have stated that the hike in prices is applicable only to the products that will be dispatched after 16th March....
Dreams, is what even a blind can see. They are many times very beautiful while many times scary. Hate them or love them, they are really interesting. However, some dreams...
Hi...everybody in forum....I am analysing traffic on a WLAN using wirshark.....And when i do staistics using wireshark...i am having a problem to understand ....."i am downloading video file from youtube...
m very glad to become a family member of Crazy Engineers 😀