Samsung GT-I9003 Is Google Nexus S In India

Saamsung GT-I9003 is the Google Nexus in India. If you haven't gone through our review of the phone, look at it in our earlier coverage here: #-Link-Snipped-#. The phone is being launched in India much earlier than we expected. The latest news is that the phone will make its debut in India as early as February first week.

The release was confirmed by Samsung sales representatives when a customer in Hyderabad asked for replacement of Google Nexus S he bought in the USA. The sales representatives asked the user to wait until February as they'll be launching Google Nexus S as GT-I9003 in India.

[​IMG]
Image Via TechCrunch

However there might be some disappointment among the Super AMOLED display fans. The Nexus S version being sold in the USA and UK has Super AMOLED screen, while India will get it with Super Clear LCD screen - same as the one being sold in other parts of the world. Famous online shopping website in India, Flipkart has already listed the product on their website with 'Coming Soon' label. They however have mentioned "Super AMOLED Screen" in the specifications. Do not forget to read out all the specs before you place order. The following video compares the best screens available in the market: IPS, SLCD & SAMOLED. For me, SAMOLED on my Samsung Wave is the clear winner.

The estimated price is around Rs. 38000 in India.

Technical Specifications Quick Overview

General Form: Bar

Size: Dimensions: 23.9 x 63 x 10.9 mm| Weight: 128 grams

Display
Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen / SLCD (In India)
Resolution: 480 x 800 px
Color: 16M colors
Size: 4.0 inches

Camera

Rear Cam: 5 MP, 2560 x 1920 px, autofocus, LED flash
Front Cam: VGA

Battery

Type: 1500 mAh
Talk Time: 14 hours on 2G & 6+ hours on 3G
StandBy Time: 713 hours on 2G and  428 hours on 3G network

Audio & Video

Music Player supported formats: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC
Ringtone Types: Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Video Supported Formats: Yes, MP4/DivX/WMV/H.264/H.263

Data & Connectivity

GPRS | EDGE | 3G: HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps | HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps |  Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n | DLNA Sharing Enabled
Bluetooth: Yes, v2.1 with A2DP
USB: Yes, v2.0 microUSB

Software Platform:

Android OS, v2.3 Gingerbread|CPU: ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor

Memory:

Onboard Memory: 16GB storage, 512 MB RAM

GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support

Other Features: Accelerometer sensor, Proximity sensor, 3-axis gyro-sensor ; Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration etc.

Overview of Android 2.3 Gingerbird OS:

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Jawbone has been known to devise sophisticated Bluetooth headsets since 2006. The company has revolutionized the industry with its voice dialing and information applications delivering high level voice quality. But...
Recently after the price hikes in petrol the first thing comes to our mind is “now we need a more fuel efficient vehicle.” Since we are so used to comfort...
One of the big issues we have faced ever since CE's inception is to make it usable for everyone and also a big part of it is browser compatibility. However...
We at CrazyEngineers are proud to announce that today afternoon CE completed 90,000 member registrations and has started counting further. I would take this opportunity to mention that CE has...
Italian company Italcementi has invented the world’s first commercially viable transparent cement. The company demonstrated this wonder at the Shanghai World Expo and made heads turn. The cement is made...