Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Series Launch In India Today. Tech Specs & Price Listed.

Samsung India is all set to launch the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 series tablets in the Indian market starting today. It was more than a couple of months back that we told you about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Released - Would You Choose It Over Others? in London. After the launch of the 7-inch Galaxy Tab, Samsung India is now offering the Indian consumers its 8-inch model. Samsung had already tweeted a teaser image of the tablet ahead of the launch event. The launch in India that is happening at Delhi is talking about the 7 and 8-inch tablets for now. We are reading that the 10.1-inch model might launch here later this year. We have done an in-depth cover of the tech specs and features of the 10-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 model Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Tech Specs, Features & Price at a Glance.

So, coming to the model that is making its way in the Indian consumer market, the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 brings with it a 7-inch WSVGA (1024×600 pixels) screen display and derives its power from a dual-core Marvell processor clocked at 1.2GHz. Alongside a 1 GB of RAM, resides a 8GB of expandable internal storage and a 4,000mAh battery that promises just the normal on time. The rear camera is a 3-megapixel one, while there is a 1.3-megapixel front camera. Running over the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, this tab is going to compete with the likes of iPad Mini.

[​IMG]

The other 8-inch tablet i.e. the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 sports a WXGA TFT (1280×800 pixels) display just like the phablet counterpart - Galaxy Note 8.0, just that there's no stylus functionality. Powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core Exynos 4412 processor, Mali 400 GPU, on this tablet you will find a 1.5 GB of RAM, 5-megapixel rear camera, 1.3-megapixel camera on the front, 4,450mAh battery and 16GB of internal memory that can be expanded using a microSD card. For your connectivity needs, you can use Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB and A-GPS. The 7-inch tablet has a price in India of Rs. 12,000 and the 8-inch tablet is priced at Rs. 18,000.

The new tablets are designed in a way which is suitable for viewing videos, playing games, reading contents etc. The device also promises to give users better audio experience and access to unique reading mode which would support comfortable reading. The Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch which is powered by the 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor, features the Android Jelly Bean 4.2 operating system, along with 16 GB of internal storage along with expandable memory. There will also be a 3 megapixel camera on the back and a 1.3 megapixel camera on the front of the tablet. It's price is up for guessing and we aren't expecting a figure bigger than 25K. What about you? Share your thoughts in comments.

Replies

• Guttu
    Guttu
    The 7" version is just P3100 renamed. Nothing is changed except the processor. I am not sure why they have named it Galaxy Tab 3.
  • Sanoj Rajan
    Sanoj Rajan
    Its just like selling deodorants with new names !!
    Basically, they are the same.. But when you tell them that its something new,
    the gullible audience just leaps without looking..
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Samsung rule the tech world as it is making more phones,tv's ,laptop's,tablets etc with decent specifications along with a competitive .
    If I get a chance,i would go for tablet worth 18k by samsung.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Update: The prices of the three devices have just been unveiled thanks to Flipkart who have put up the 3 models up for #-Link-Snipped-# and promises them to deliver them by 4th or 5th week of July. The tech specs do not look impressive and if you Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com all the three models with the cheapest iPad Mini you can see it’s a way better deal than Samsung. Samsung has seems to repeat the same error that they did with the Samsung GALAXY S IV and delivered a list of products that is not that different or improved from its predecessor. My advice shell a little more (Rs. 4K) and go for a iPad Mini (WiFi + Cellular) which has much better build quality and excellent UI as compared to the GALAXY Tab 3.
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Dude, Firstly, The prices are pre-order prices. Samsung product prices go down drastically within a week of it's launch. The Galaxy S IV price was down by 4k within a week.
    Secondly, You get free headset with T311 so that you can use that for calling. You can do that with iPad Mini. That's the reason why I had to opt for Tab 2.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The campus placements season will start in the next few weeks and I hope all the CEans who're eligible for campus placements; the ones who are in third / final...
Listed below is the difference between 2-Stroke and 4-stroke engines: In case of two stroke engine, rotation of crank shaft will be power stroke for every one rotation. During compression...
I'm wondering how much does personal branding matter on the Internet these days? I'm sure you must have searched your own name in Google and eventually found that the only...
The question is simple - we have seen single stroke (?), 2-stroke, 4-stroke, 6-stroke engines and my curious mind is enquiring what is the maximum number of stroke any engine...
I just read the news that Reliance Infocom has slashed 3G data tariff by about 50%, and their latest offering is 1GB data download for only Rs. 123. Makes me...