Samsung Galaxy S DUOS Or Nokia Lumia 620

I am going to buy a new mobile phone in some couple of weeks. My budget is 12-14k. I did some search and liked Samsung Galaxy S DUOS & Nokia Lumia 620.

I hope nokia lumia 620 price will be in my budget.

Please share your views.

I heard some negative reviews of samsung s duos of its network problem & hanging.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think that's a good choice! But both are entirely different phones. Lumia has Windows and Galaxy Duos is Android. I'd personally prefer Lumia over Duos; because Android is a little boring and common. There are few things you'll have to consider -

1. Apps : Check if the apps you wish to keep are available on Windows marketplace.

2. Android or Windows : It's a personal choice. I'd go with Windows (already using an Android phone).

3. Battery : Lumia has an edge over Duos in terms of battery life.

4. One SIM or Two SIM slots : Basic difference between the phones - Duos has two SIM cards. Check if you really need dual sim support.

Duos has known issues - but I believe they're mostly firmware related and might get fixed / have been fixed with latest firmware. It's better to be on the safer side.

However! -

Nokia Lumia 620 has been delayed in India and might see April / May launch date. I think it was earlier supposed to release in mid of March, but you might want to check what's up with Nokia India these days.

I've known a few friends who opted for Android phones only for the sake of development. Windows *may not* be a great choice there.

On a personal note, I think Windows 8 GUI on phones is a clear winner.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Forgot to add: I'm not sure if Nokia maps even come closer to Google Maps. The biggest advantage of owning an Android, IMHO is the Google Maps feature + the app store.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Thanks 😀
    I like lumia too but due to its delay & price, may b i switch to android. I don't have any problem with both of them but at least want a good smartphone. I heard that samsung s duos hangs a lot due to its low processor 😔

Is it true?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

RationHut has entered the online grocery store domain and seems to be doing a good job of delivering grocery at your doorstep. The service lets you make an order online...
Indian IT companies are awesome. I've several friends in IT and they tell me their admin/system/IT department refuses to upgrade their web-browsers to latest version of Internet Explorer, and don't...
Hello Engineer's I am developing a shopping cart application in which number of images are used to show the items. Any shopkeeper can submit the item's information with images using...
LG might be the underdog of the smartphone markets in India, but the company's definitely doing well with their Optimus brand. Much awaited Optimus G might make it to Indian...
hi guys i tried to access my yahoo id thru hp tab unfortunately the id got locked also my alternate email id is deleted can anybody help me pls my...