Samsung Galaxy K Zoom - Could This Be The Best Camera Phone In 2014?

The South-Korean manufacturer has launched yet another Android smartphone this summer called the "Samsung Galaxy K Zoom" that wants to introduce a really powerful camera option in a phone. You can easily mistake this one to be a mid-budget smartphone in the Galaxy series, but Samsung wants you to look again, because this one has a lot to offer. Let us take a look at the phone's most catchy feature - the camera - first and later move on to the technical specs and feature highlights.

The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom features a 20.7 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor rear camera with 10x optical zoom. The camera brings in an Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) and AF/AE Separation. Moreover, according to the company's claims the device’s Xenon Flash is better than LEDs. Users can shuffle between - SMART Mode, Expert Mode(P/M) and My Mode and click photos with object tracking, studio and Smile/ Blink detection options. There is facility for continuous shot at 3fps MAX with AF and it supports video recording & playback in Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution at 60p. The camera on the front is a decent 2.0 megapixel.

Galaxy-K-zoom_Charcoal-Black_10

The Galaxy K Zoom sports a 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED display with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution and runs on a 1.3GHz Quad-Core + 1.7GHz Dual-Core processors. Powered by Android 4.4 (Kitkat) OS out-of-the-box, the Galaxy K Zoom packs inside it a 2GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory which is expandable using micro SDSC (up to 2GB), micro SDHC (up to 32GB) and micro SDXC (up to 64GB). Among the connectivity options, users will find all the basic needs in place with - Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, HT40, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, NFC and A-GPS + GLONASS.

Weighing just 200g, the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom has the dimensions - 137.5 x 70.8 x 16.6. With that the phone derives its power from a 2,430 mAh battery. Among the sensors, you'll find the usuals - Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor and Light Sensor. Additionally, the Galaxy K zoom offers the "Ultra Power Saving Mode" for minimizing the battery consumption, S Health Lite for personalized fitness and lifestyle coaching, and a Studio app to allow users to easily edit their pictures and videos

Galaxy-K-zoom_Charcoal-Black

Galaxy-K-zoom_Charcoal-Black_01 Galaxy-K-zoom_Charcoal-Black_07 Galaxy-K-zoom_Charcoal-Black_02Lens-open Galaxy-K-zoom_Charcoal-Black_08

With that we come to the end of the technical specifications list. The phone's camera features make it comparable to standard point-and-shoot cameras. What are your thoughts on this new Android phone in the market? Samsung still hasn't disclosed the pricing and availability details. Do you think this stands a chance to be included in the top 10 list of camera phones in 2014? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Inviting opinions on this from @[Prototype], #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, my opinion on this is straightforward. If I am to get a camera; I'd get a DSLR; because the point-and-shoots can never beat them. The latest OnePlus One phone is more than capable of taking DSLR like photos. It indicates that great photo-quality is possible without really deforming the phone (sorry for my harsh words!) to make it work like a camera.

Point made.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Not sure why people should get this kind of gadget, not really a phone and not really a camera and over that a fatty price.
    If you have good camera but you need to share quickly you take picture from phone and share this why buy this fusion gadget.
    I just saw OnePlus One, amazingly priced and with CyanogenMod this is a big plus.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ^Nothing more to add. 😏
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like we will need some camera shots to witness the picture quality. The phone is getting pretty average reviews so far.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    As one can't carry DSLR everywhere and every time , this type of phone is used by the person who wants to capture more and more moments every single day and value his/her photography.
    Worth of this phone can only be calculated after knowing the price...😀😀
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    When it comes to its latest smartphone Samsung has tried to combine the best elements of Sony Xperia Z2 and Nokia Lumia 1020 but it cannot never beat a DSLR. I saw on BBC a couple of months ago where the phones where pitted against a DSLR and they failed in tougher photographic conditions.
  • smorgasbord
    smorgasbord
    would anyone like to see pictures taken by nokia 808 pureview 41MP camera?
    and of course the snaps are taken by a novice. just point and shot kind of thing.
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Photography lovers will never settle for less than a DSLR & K zoom will never be able to satiate their desire for perfection. Moreover as of now, all samsung smartphones are fatty priced, so expecting K zoom at a lower price will be a big fault.
    People will go for a DSLR at that price.
  • smorgasbord
    smorgasbord
    [​IMG]
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That's a very good quality picture!

Here's great news!

The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom has arrived in India at a price of Rs. 29,999 and is available exclusively on Amazon. Any takers here?
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Camera is the Main advantage in this phone (Sam galx K zoom).Why can't they use more pixel(MP)??while not comparing with NOKIA 808 but it need some addition specification needed and front camera 2.0 is not a big modification in this phone..O😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When i click yahoomail website , its not opening and it opens a new download dialog box and it also fails when i diwnload it.Is anyone facing similar issue?
any idea about starting new production line or small business for a new graduate of economic bachelor
Let me just tell you that your iPhone 5S isn't a clone of my iPhone 5S; even though they've been made by Apple in the same factory in China, on...
A lot of engineers come to CE looking for good quotes to print on their college fest t-shirts and hoodies. We have some discussions going on in other threads, but...
When the team of bioengineers at Stanford University came together - what they built was a pathbreaking, new circuit board that is inspired from the human brain. They have create...