Samsung BADA Developer Challenge

Samsung has announced the BADA developer challenge. The details of the challenge can be obtained here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Schedule:

- Challenge Registration : May 17~ August 31, 2010
- Simulator Phase Submission : Jun 01 ~ August 31, 2010

Are there any CEans participating in the challenge?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    w00t? No one participating from CE?
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hi Big_K, Sorry i never got my eyes on this article, actually it should be posted in Computer and IT forum. I visited site and got quite disappointed, challenge is for only for those who already know how to program for mobile phones because kit is given, but no manual how to program, in India not even a single college teaches how to program for mobile phones, how people can participate when they don't know how to program Samsung must have kept some programming manual as NVIDIA kept for CUDA due to which my brother knows how to program for it.

Also i found that SDK's are provided to run in Windows platform only, now a days who actually develops Java apps under Windows, every Java app is first built in Linux or Unix then made compatible with Windows. Also it kept condition to use X Graphics and not OpenGL or Qt library.

After imposing so many conditions Samsung don't even provided manual to learn programming as conditions imposed, this challenge will even be difficult for students who already know to program for mobile phones because all use OpenGL. Challenge appears sheer for pro's. It's not fault of programmers, because if they can program cross platform for CUDA and Amiga, sure is BADA is not big deal, all we just needed a detailed manual which is not provided after imposing so many conditions.
  • agent_hunt
    agent_hunt
    Well I guess you overlooked all the documentation and tutorials and umpteen examples that is available with the SDK

Besides nobody teaches everything.

Also , where did you get the idea that you have to develop "Java" apps?
    and where the hell did you get and idea like "every Java app is first built in Linux or Unix then made compatible with Windows" ?

Why do you think Samsung would not provide documentation ?
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hi buddy I haven't got any idea, that's what we actually do while building Java apps, by the way i never tried for a mobile apps so thing might be different but i don't think so. And sorry i never thought that documentation and tutorial might be in SDK itself though it was acceptable, i thought manual for programming might be available separate as provided by NVIDIA for CUDA. I downloaded SDK but never installed just because, i was looking around for manual over web. Sorry that was just a silly mistake.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now mobile users will soon be able to use one charger for all handset.Handset manufacturers say they will increase support for micro-USB charging across their products due for Asian markets,...
For image:https://www.mediafire.com/i/?ig9xk4cr3fggsug I have an idea for attaining light speed but i am not sure whether this works or not.Here,let me explain my idea first. Here M represents a magnet...
All in the name of famous anime .Japan has installed the status of the anime character Gundam,outside Namco Bandai factory in Shizuoka I would have loved if the Statue was...
Imageshack - 85565399.png This is a simple overload protection circuit in a power supply. Usually that configuration(the differential opamp and diode) is use to control the power supply whether function...
Hi! Iam doing software engineering and now in my 5th semester.My university is offering me to shift to a new discipline of network security engineering.They are replacing some important subjets...