Samsung Announces Plans To Release Tizen-Based Samsung TV SDK

Samsung seems to be quite determined to push its home grown operating system across all its devices. After rooting Tizen on its smartwatches with an update and announcing Samsung Announces Samsung Z, Its First Smartphone Powered By Tizen OS, the Korean electronics giant has announced its plans to release a software development kit for its Tizen-Based smart TVs. This software development kit (SDK) will make a debut at the Tizen Developer Conference in San Francisco from June 2–4th. The Beta version of the Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK will be made available to the developers worldwide from July 2014.

Samsung-Smart-TV

The SDK supports HTML5 with the help of its Caph framework. Since Samsung hasn’t yet built any Tizen based TVs yet, it has provided an emulator with the SDK that acts as an interface for virtual TV apps development. In the past smart TV software developers had to connect their PCs to the TV itself to debug the application but with Samsung’s SDK they can remotely modify the code of their app.

Since the Tizen based TVs will compete with Android based TVs in the market, the SDK will also feature user command options like gestures and voice recognition. In the press release, Samsung has hinted that the Tizen based TVs will have multi-screen capability and can be linked to smartphones and wearables.

Samsung’s Tizen-based TV SDK will be available as a download #-Link-Snipped-# starting early July 2014. We appreciate Samsung’s bold move of releasing the SDK even before the hardware development as it shall give developers worldwide a head start and make sure that the app store is well stocked with good apps at launch.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Looks like It is high time for Samsung for becoming real serious for Tizen.
    First announcement of Samsung Z and now the Samsung TV.

I wish it will become a hit and will give some competition to Android and iOS

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm an engineer working in transportation. In my previous life, I worked as a software developer. So, when I started working as an engineer, I started writing an application largely...
Abstract The purpose of this project is to modernize the civil/structural consulting engineering profession and increase the efficiency and proficiency of the work-load for both the consultants and the contractors...
A few days ago, new stable iteration of Google Chrome 35 and Chromium 35 was released that included many new features such as migration from GTK +2 to AURA, App-Launcher...
How to take part in discussion and more importantly some introduction please
I've been trying to download the public beta (non-developer) license of OSX Yosemite, which Apple announced just a few hours ago at WWDC 2014. Apple said that the preview will...