CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@*pushkar* • 06 Jul, 2013
I have been working in a small company in chandigarh. I have 1 year of experience in software testing. I am willing to switch the company in a good company. Please suggest me. I want to work in NCR/Chandigarh in a good company with a good package. Currently, I am getting 1.2pa only. How much can i expect after switch?

I would love to switch into database testing or automation testing. I have seen most of the good companies recruit 2-3 years of experience candidates. Please suggest to me.
@Anil Jain • 06 Jul, 2013 In NCR, a decent company pays you (This works till 10 year of experience) somewhere around

Very Handsome = Years of Exp. * 2
Decent = Years of Exp * 1.5
You need to look for option if less than 1.5 😀

If you have some experience in DB or Automation testing that will help you in getting your new job. Other wise only on manual testing with 1 year of experience it will be difficult for you.

-CB
@Kaustubh Katdare • 06 Jul, 2013 Well, my advice would be to stick to your company for at least one more year. One year of experience won't really count as 'experience' for most of the companies. I could be wrong though; but expecting a good salary jump with one year of experience could lead to disappointment.

I'd say your action plan should be like this:-

1. Try and develop expertise into as many sub-domains as you can in testing viz. Database Testing, Automation (learn PERL, QTP, Ruby, jUnit, SilkTest, Selenium and so on).

2. Try to get certification in testing.

3. Make sure that you've some accomplishments to show off. This would be easier to get when you're working in a smaller company.

4. With 2 years of experience and all of the above; apply to bigger companies / MNCs and then negotiate your salary like anything! I'm sure you will get at least 1.5x to even 2x (if you're really awesome) the salary you're getting.
3k views

Related Posts

@Avi goyal · Dec 19, 2012

hi everyone... i have give C-CAT entrance test for c-dac DAC... please tell me at minimum score is required to qualify that exam with a good rank...in section A+B out...
23k views

@Rishabh Poddar · Jul 30, 2012

Can someone give me a link, where I can find the 8086 Processor Assembly Level Coding for these programs: 1.Matrix Addition 2.Matrix Subtraction 3.Matrix Transpose 4.Finding Positive and Negative Numbers...
2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 16, 2014

As was expected, India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) has launched its two new naked street bikes named Kawasaki Z250 and Kawasaki ER-6N in the country. The much-awaited bikes are among the...
2.2k views

@sahilmahotra · Jan 17, 2015

hiii.....Ankita this is sahil btech ( IT ) can u plz help me ...i am going for drive of john deere . i need help to know about written test...
2.3k views

@zaveri · Apr 6, 2012

if you check out the technical specifications of any vehicle and look under the engine section , there will be a parameter which will go like : max.torque : x...
3.2k views