Safety hazard

If your lightening cable is showing signs of buldging near the connector shroud, please consider this image of a cable that I found one morning. I recommend disposing of it and obtaining a new cable.

The cable in the photo was quite hot to the touch. Fortunately, it was on a granite countertop where heat was not an issue with nothing near it to flame up. The largest threat for a fire was probably the heat setting off the Li battery in the device being charged.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Chandan Kumar Gupta Engineering Trade: Electronics and Communications + MBA in IT Location: Pune Occupation: Working Work Experience: 5+ years Hobbies & Interests: Movies, Badminton Aim in life: To...
Hi all .my college is conducting tech fest 'DYUTHI' between sep 3-5 .As a preliminary step the ECE department to which i belong is conducting a promo known as quintessence.We...
Before diving straight into this subject, let me outline what PLM basically is, and what scope it offers. What is PLM? Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is an information-driven process of...
A lot of our fellow CEans are writing in to know when will they be granted access to CE-IO. However, not everyone will get access today itself. Here is how...
hi guys, my project abstract is power generation from a moving hovercraft boat.i need some suggestions please help me