CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 23 Jun, 2011
It seems that GRE Powerprep software does not automatically run in Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system. If you are facing the problem, you can try this simple trick that does the magic -

1. Install powerprep.
2. Find the program in your start/run menu
3. Right-click on the power-prep icon.
4. Choose 'Run As Administrator'
5. Powerprep runs 👍

If you are facing problems, please share them in response to this post. We'll be happy to help.
@ISHAN TOPRE • 23 Jun, 2011 What is a powerprep software? Is it a software to help study GRE?
@dsx • 07 Mar, 2013 I still can't run the Program (GRE PowerPrep II). I have Windows 7 and IE9.

1. I Open it with Run as Administrator
2. I click on 'Allow Blocked Content'
3. I click 'Yes' on the ActiveX warning Box
4. I click On Continue... and nothing loads.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 07 Mar, 2013 dsx : There's a chance that the installation media is corrupt. Did you download the software from official website? Or did you test the installation on other machine (maybe your friends' ?).
@davala • 27 Aug, 2013 I have windows 7 and IE 8 and i have downloaded from ETS..... powerprep 2 is not working. ...I followed all the above steps mentioned but unable to load when clicked on continue
@Sashankg10 • 15 Nov, 2013 You must use Internet Explorer 6 or higher to launch the POWERPREP II software.
Please re-open POWERPREP II from the Start menu entry or call for assistance.
NOTE: In addition, you must allow ActiveX on this page in order to continue.

These are the commands that are prompting while following the above protocols... What to do ???
@Sashankg10 • 15 Nov, 2013 and i am IE9
@zqhbbb • 23 Feb, 2014 I got the same issue, is there anybody can solve it now?
And I am IE10
@Ankita Katdare • 23 Feb, 2014 Unfortunately, you can't use it with Windows 7 Home Addition so you'll have to find a way to upgrade.
You can download a program by Microsoft called Windows Virtual PC which allows you to run Windows XP from Windows 7.
@Gracia • 19 Sep, 2014 Hello,

I had the same problem before, but now I have no trouble by following:

1. Open the folder where you have installed the POWERPREP 2,
e.g I have installed it :

Folder

2. Double click on" Launch(type: Windows Batch File)" , showed above

3. Wait a moment and the" GRE Practice Test Launch Screen" will appear

Good Luck, I hope it will help you.

"Unless you have courage, a courage that keeps you going, always going, no matter what happens, there is no certainty of success."
@Neophyte Nitol • 05 Jan, 2015 • 1 like Thank you so much Gracia.....it fucking helped me a lot....you got me a RELIEF 😒 😀

**for replying only, I've signed me up 😉
@sindhura28 • 17 Jun, 2015 I've opened GRE powerprepII . it goes till the continue option and doesn't load further. i've allowed the blocked content and also allowed ActiveX. still is doesn't work. further I've also tried opening the launch.bat. it says the file isnt found to open.
CAn somebody kindly help me regarding this issue. 😔[​IMG]
@sindhura28 • 17 Jun, 2015 I've opened GRE powerprepII . it goes till the continue option and doesn't load further. i've allowed the blocked content and also allowed ActiveX. still is doesn't work. further I've also tried opening the launch.bat. it says the file isnt found to open.
CAn somebody kindly help me regarding this issue.
@ArunPutcha • 31 Jul, 2015 • 1 like Thanks A Lot Gracia..!! 😀
Saved my day..!! 😁
@Muna Akheel • 31 Aug, 2015 Thank you so much Gracia!! You are an Angel ! 😀
@Gauresh7492 • 12 Sep, 2015 Guys, I also faced the same below problem.
PROBLEM : I opened GRE powerprepII . it goes till the continue option and doesn't load further.

Solution : You must have installed powerprepII in the non-windows(other than OS) drive.
Install software and JAVA in the OS drive and then start it normally or as administrator.
Remember only IE 6 and higher versions are supported.
Also go to Tools in IE - Internet Options - Advanced - Settings - Security - check all allow active content check boxes.
It will work 😀
@shreeja.visweswaraiah • 03 Nov, 2015 for those whom the above solution didnt work.

Go to the installed folder ../ETS/POWERPREPII/
go to bin folder bin/
Double-click on the I.bat which is a windows batch file.
@shea • 22 Jan, 2016 • 1 like THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11.9k views

Related Posts

@Chirayu Samarth · Mar 14, 2014

Intel’s plan to launch dual-boot devices has been ruined by Google and Microsoft. Dual-OS devices were one of the big stories at CES this year. Asus had announced the Transformer...
4.6k views

@naveee · Dec 7, 2012

Can someone tell me why is transformer efficiency is higher than motor and generator? Transformer efficiency is generally greater than 95%, while that of the motors its ~70%. Both are...
16.9k views

@aarthivg · Jul 17, 2012

The shock of an ac supply is attractive and more dangerous whereas shock of dc is less dangerous and repulsive. Why?
9.4k views

@Ankita Katdare · Mar 2, 2015

The Xiaomi brand has become immensely popular for introducing gadgets that offer pathbreaking specifications for incredibly low prices, making them a must-have for the masses. Be it in the smartphone...
6.9k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 14, 2013

Adding up to the interesting list of the premium hatchbacks in the Indian car market, BMW India seems to be all set to launch the BMW 1 Series in September...
5.3k views