run.dll error

Hi mates
whenever i on my laptop which shows rub.dll error.how to slove it.is it affected virus?

Replies

• sushant005
    sushant005
    RUNDLL.EXE is a system processes.

when the DLL file is missing or become corrupted it show RUnDLL type of error.

To fix that error message on start up ,you have to stop the process in windows registry.

to start widows registry ,
    1>open the run window and type regedit.
    2>Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
    3>and then click on "Software" folder.
    4>then click on "Microsoft" folder.
    5>then click on "windows" folder.
    6>then click on the "currentversion" folder.
    7>Click on the WildTangent CDA file (This is RUNDLL32.exe file).
    8>Delete that file.

Remember one thing be careful while doing this because if you make any wrong entry in the windows registry or any thing goes wrong in the windows registry then your entire system will be corrupted.
    So, do it carefully.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    @ sushant
    u sure deleting the registry key to a dll file that the system requires will actually solve the problem ???

as sushant mentioned, this is not a virus problem. i suggest one try and fix this problem rather than remove the registry key to the damaged file.

1. put in your windows installation disc in your cd rom.
    2. go to start>>run(else press WIN key and R) and type "sfc /scannow" as it is but without the quotes

it will repair any damaged or corrupt windows system file . This is a faster version of a windows' repair installation. this should solve the prob. if not then try using system restore and select the nearest point when there was no prob with the system. You wont lose any files but you will lose system changes such as software installations. If it still doesnt work then do an actual repair install(repair it only. you wont lose anything. DO NOT FORMAT and install)
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    optimystix
    @ sushant
    u sure deleting the registry key to a dll file that the system requires will actually solve the problem ???

as sushant mentioned, this is not a virus problem. i suggest one try and fix this problem rather than remove the registry key to the damaged file.

2. go to start>>run(else press WIN key and R) and type "sfc /scannow" as it is but without the quotes

it will repair any damaged or corrupt windows system file . This is a faster version of a windows' repair installation. this should solve the prob. if not then try using system restore and select the nearest point when there was no prob with the system. You wont lose any files but you will lose system changes such as software installations. If it still doesnt work then do an actual repair install(repair it only. you wont lose anything. DO NOT FORMAT and install)
    yes, this is a very simple, easiest and ofcourse safest method. I tried this 2 times when i got errors like "----- file is missing" or "----- file is corrupted.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    sahithi pallavi
    yes, this is a very simple, easiest and ofcourse safest method. I tried this 2 times when i got errors like "----- file is missing" or "----- file is corrupted.
    which ?? u mean the registry one or the sfc ??
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    optimystix
    which ?? u mean the registry one or the sfc ??
    sfc opty! Reparing!
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    optimystix
    @ sushant

What you have mentioned in your thread to fix the rundll problem is the easiest way to fix it. But you told that it is not a virus problem, i think its cause either due to
    1> Incomplete/improper installation of the software and the improper uninstallation of the software.
    and
    2> most of the RUNDLL error is due to the malware such as virus,spyware and trojan and that affects the PC when we visit the untrusted site,open spam emails or download freeware application which results in the installation of the file like image.DLL or Mshp.DLL (generally due the Trojan attack)in our system which change certain settings causing errors.

So it may be the problem due to the malware or the improper installation/uninstallation of the software.

Do me correct if i am wrong.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Is there any difference between RUNDLL Error and RUNDLL32 error?
    If yes then what?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

need some ideas for my final year electronics project based on micro-controllers,fpga or verilog.
Hello everyone. I am doing my project on "analysis of waste product of Jatropha oil mill (Jatropha cake) as fuel for co-generation of superheated steam" and I dont know where...
On the 21[sup]st[/sup] day of the 3G auction in India, the bid price has reached INR. 10,749 crores! Mumbai leads the race @ 1,816.54 crores followed by Delhi @ 1,755.59...
Site: Cupidtino From the front page: Cupidtino is a beautiful new dating site created for fans of Apple products by fans of Apple products! Why? Diehard Mac & Apple fans...
Google did it first and then others followed. But Yahoo seems to be too late to implement this simple useful feature. I logged on to my Yahoo Mail account after...