CrazyEngineers
  • Topic is clear:
    Rules are created to be broken

1. You have to assume that you are one of the members of a real GD.
    2. Members of a GD who take initiatives are always appreciated. Go ahead first.
    3. Synchronize your thoughts before putting forward your opinions.
    4. Express positive attitude by hearing what others have to say and show inclination towards finding a solution to the problem being discussed.

Start the GD.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberSep 7, 2011

AbraKaDabra
    Topic is clear:

1. You have to assume that you are one of the members of a real GD.
    2. Members of a GD who take initiatives are always appreciated. Go ahead first.
    3. Synchronize your thoughts before putting forward your opinions.
    4. Express positive attitude by hearing what others have to say and show inclination towards finding a solution to the problem being discussed.

Start the GD.
    I think that I have already broken the first rule above as I am posting without knowing who are members of this GD.

Robert Thouless was the author of a classic: Straight and Crooked Thinking.

One of the points he makes is relevant here. Most of the debates hang on the confusion (deliberate or implied) between all and some. If we consider the above premise, it appears as though it s saying, '(all) rules are created to be broken (by all). Words in the brackets are assumed. This generates heated arguments. If the statement is paraphrased as: (Some) rules are created to be broken (by some sometimes), there will be hardly anything to discuss.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • silverscorpion

MemberSep 12, 2011

Wow! Nice way to end the debate before it even begins! Good! 😀
    Cancel
  • lal

MemberSep 12, 2011

Nobody is perfect..!!!
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register