RTIS: New Final Year Project Idea

RTIS can be a great final year engineering project idea for those who want to work on GPS based systems. The RTIS has been developed by IIT-Kanpur, but it can very well be your project.

The overall idea is as follows -

1. Install GPS Based modules on trains.
2. The GPS modules will communicate with satellite.
3. The data sent by these modules will be processed by a central server and output following information -

1. Train Status
2. Train Location
3. Speed
4. Arrival Time
5. Delay

and other information.

What say?

Replies

• Nikhil Lokhande
    Nikhil Lokhande
    Nice idea yaar

Bt how can we implement it in college.....

Can u elaborate???
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i think this costs more think if we have to test it
    it makes more time and more expenditure other than this in India we have to take the central govt cooperation
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    RTIS can be a great final year engineering project idea for those who want to work on GPS based systems. The RTIS has been developed by IIT-Kanpur, but it can very well be your project.

The overall idea is as follows -

1. Install GPS Based modules on trains.
    2. The GPS modules will communicate with satellite.
    3. The data sent by these modules will be processed by a central server and output following information -

1. Train Status
    2. Train Location
    3. Speed
    4. Arrival Time
    5. Delay

and other information.

What say?
    This is the most emerging area of Embedded and now a days many companies are working on tracking and monitoring products so if any student is going to work on this then it would be most beneficial to that students.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nikhil Lokhande
    Nice idea yaar 😐

Bt how can we implement it in college.....

Can u elaborate???
    I'm only presenting an idea. The idea could be used anywhere. I can immediately think of a better centralized parking management system for colleges and malls. The idea is to mount a small GPS module on the vehicles to be parked, and then the navigator will announce the perfect place for the vehicle to park.

I'm only saying is that it's damn easy to come up with new project ideas.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, I am a civil engineer. I know that rhe Venturi effect is the reduction in fluid pressure that results when a fluid flows through a constricted section of...
This topic popped up while reading article by Prof. Vivek Wadhwa: Engineering vs. Liberal Arts: Who Prof. Wadhwa writes - In a speech before the National Governors Association on Feb...
Hi, i have done a project interfacing with SD card, PENDRIVE,Scanner if any on elike to do contact me...! i wil giv help thankz ashok 😀
dear, Hi i am a piyush i have create send sms project in this six java file create 1)sender.java 2)SerialConnaction.java 3)SerialConnactionException.java 4)SerialParametres.java 5)SMSClient.java 6)SendMySms.java. upon file create to send sms...
hi my name is karthik........iam totally in a dilemma now...i finished my b.tech in ECE from the university of calicut.....last year...(2010)...i have been working as a physics teacher for the...