royal enfield 350 modification

im buying an enfield 350 bullet in d next month (yeah aftr my xams)....
m gonna modify it n have already designed a fuel tank,handle bar, optional sissy bar n longer front forks....thts only in paper as of yet.
im plannin to make a model of d tank in paper or cardboard,before settling in for the real thing(temme if i can use any other material for modelling it)...
not really into the "increasing power" of the bike thingi....only the aesthetics of it.probably will use my college workshop for welding n grinding n drilling purposes.

suggest me other changes tht i could use...
im not able to find any dealers in india having longer forks for bike, ordering online screws up my budget....is it possible to weld normal sized front forks n make them longer. or will the heat affect the oil inside? maybe a professional welder could do it for me...
couldnt find much help online regarding how to modify bikes or build a new tank et al...ps help😁

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Congratulations! Who told you that long forks and suspensions are not available in India? Look for them and you will find them. I have given some suggestions on an earlier thread on bike modification in Mechanical Section. I only gave some ideas. Read them, it will give you a little idea. Show the design that you have made and then I can give more suggestions.

P.S.
    I have modified bullet's look 4 times since the last 3 years.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raj87verma88

P.S.
    I have modified bullet's look 4 times since the last 3 years.
    We are waiting for the pictures! 😀
  • gohm
    gohm
    I would suggest clay or styrene for tank model as you can shave those to shape. Welding forks is a very bad idea, I'd avoid that (plus you would not weld with the fork oil in the forks nor the springs/spacers/seals). Plus it will also alter the rake & trail which could make the bike unstable or handle badly. Use forks from another bike that can be adapted to the bullet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whats up, CEans? Here's a description of WTIS Day: The purpose of World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is to help raise awareness of the possibilities that the use of...
hello to everybody, This is G J Nithya Shankari.I just want some tips regarding presentations and projects😒😒😒. What are the basic things to be learned before starting paper presentations? what...
Hi all, I am a 2nd yr biotech engg student....I would like to do ma higher studies abroad by doing part time job...Can anyone tell me the countries in which...
hi frenz...dis is vineet.....im a 2nd yearite....and im good in AUTOCAD, CAD INVENTOR and ProE.....i want to do mini projects online related to these softwares which can get me some...
I am looking for a freelance CPLD programmer. I am located in germany. I want to have programmed an Altera MAX II device EPM1270 the following functions: 1 DMX Input-Thru,...