Role of transformers in distribution of power

how the power will pass to our homes and all other fields from the power stations? and the role played by the transfomers?

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    satty lavanya
    how the power will pass to our homes and all other fields from the power stations? and the role played by the transfomers?
    Of course the connecting wires are Used to pass the power or current to our homes etc. but before that, the current undergoes transformation. Generally the electricity generated in power stations has high values of voltage. So, it is needed to be transformed into standard voltage i.e. 230 V (In India)
    to do this, a step down transformer is used.

That's the role of transformer!!
  • sparkle
    sparkle
    When electrical energy travels long distances in wires, some of the energy is lost. This happens to electricity during the journey from a power plant to your home. Less energy is lost if the voltage is very high, so electrical utilities use high voltage in long-distance transmission wires. However, this high voltage is too dangerous for home use. Electrical utilities use transformers to change the voltage of electricity as it travels from the power plant to you. First, the voltage of electricity coming from the power plant is "stepped up" using transformers to the right level for long-distance transmission. Later, the voltage is stepped down before it enters your home - once again using transformers.
    i hope m clear...😀😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#: You've copy-pasted content from some website without mentioning the source and you're calling it your own answer. Not a good attitude.
  • sparkle
    sparkle
    sorry ...i do alot of reading work...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

now, try this one ... there are 5 guys , 4 of which are toggler and 1 is truth-teller . (toggler r those who say truth at one time and...
What is the difference between GSM and CDMA SIM card?
Can someone explain this project to me??I just did'nt understand its working.
engine can use a fuel as petrol or diesel now day's water is going to fuel but a fuel less engine which get some fuel as stationery according to thermodynamic...
plz help me with some innovative ideas for 4th year mini and major projects....for electronics and communication department!!!!!