Role Of Automation Testing in Continuous Testing LandScape?

In the recent past, testing was done in  a manner that it was said to be a  time-consuming phase which usually took place after development phase was done. To boost its effectiveness, many organizations are now shifting to a continuous testing (CT) approach which  is an activity embedded in all phases of project development. This practice of beginning testing side by side with development along with shortening the long test cycles and to focus on problem-prevention rather than detection is very well accepted by the market as Continuous Testing which is  encouraging the culture of 'fail early and fail often.' This is surely different approch than the orthodox validation,  Now, instead of continuous deployment and continuous integration taking place separately, the three practices are being conducted in sync.

On the other side, for automation, testers have been wrestling with it since long still most of the projects are not satisfied with the current level of automation. With the change in the approach of any application is been architected.

CI and Automation does not go hand in hand. CI will always much needed and will always considered to be of higher propriety than simple automation.

As in CI, we can’t create and execute realistic tests fast enough or frequently enough. The constant application change results in overwhelming amounts of false positives and requires a seemingly never-ending amount of test maintenance.

Is there any automation tool that provides instantly the  ease of continuous testing ? How to go about it. Any views?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One may beg to differ from Scott Adams, the famous creator of Dilbert. However, among the unlikely truths he offers, you’ll discover that goals are for losers, passion is bullshit,...
Quote: In 2007, Charlie Munger gave the commencement address at USC Law School, opening his speech by saying, “Well, no doubt many of you are wondering why the speaker is...
I stumbled upon a new concept that seems to be getting popular in India, called 'Car Subscription'. ZoomCar, the company that began its journey by offering cars on rental has...
I have got back in mechanics in b.tech but after giving exam i have got 20 marks 
Here's a quick guide for anyone who's struggling to configure NGINX web server on uBuntu to have the following configuration.First, the problem I faced was this:-The non-www to www redirects...