Robots Controlled by Thoughts

It has begun and has found root in the medical industry. This reminded me of Dr. Octatvious from spiderman. Read the article here:
#-Link-Snipped-#
Can you think of uses outside of the medical arena? There are many so name the ones you think will be of great significance.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This one could have several applications. Imagine under-sea or deep-space operations where we'll be able to control the robotic arms as if they're the extensions of our body. I think we're still few years away from the precision of human hand.

Makes me wonder, how did nature evolve such a superior design (human body) that's taking modern science years to 'copy' ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    The_Big_K
    Makes me wonder, how did nature evolve such a superior design (human body) that's taking modern science years to 'copy' ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I pondered the same thing just recently. Mimicking the human brain, sensory and nervous system is a mamoth undertaking.
    I think only the greatest scientist and engineer of all could perfect it - God
    Cloning on the other hand seems like the easier way of copying the Master's work.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I came here to post a video and found this thread.
    A trial funded in part by NIH is evaluating an investigational device called the BrainGate neural interface system. This is a type of brain-computer interface (BCI) intended to put robotics and other assistive technology under the brain's control. By imagining the movement of their own arms, two paralyzed individuals were able to use the BrainGate to make complex reach-and-grasp movements with robotic arms.

See how a paralyzed woman drinks coffee with the help of a robotic arm here:

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Hehe same story #-Link-Snipped-# tanks for the video ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I think we have past the age of technology and entered the age of sci-fi ๐Ÿ˜
    But seriously science and technology is developing at an alarming rate.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, I'm new here. I graduated in 2008 from the University of Wisconsin Platteville with a degree in Electrical Engineering and an emphasis in Analog/Communication, Digital Electronics, and Controls,...
I'm currently travelling around the Philippines visiting fair trade with there request of trying to make some of their processes more efficient. The latest company which makes hand made paper...
Can any help me with this problem how to store the information into a rfid tag chip whether it may be active or passive tag.. And i want to know...
I think I best fall in the category of the Internet Geek. (the most un-cool of them all ๐Ÿ˜› ) What kind of a geek are you? Share in the...
hello people... i m stuck in a problem .can any1 tell me how to compile java programs in cmd prompt. m trying n i got an error like javac:file not...