View Feed
group-icon
Robotics
Community of Robotics Enthusiasts: Discuss latest robots and questions with fellow robot lovers
629 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jan 16, 2009

Robotics Project Idea for Engineering Students

Okay, this idea just struck my mind and I guess someone could use it. I am not sure if it has been done.

Create a snake robot, about 72 cm long, that can align itself with any random curve drawn on the floor.

:smile:

Got it? So if I draw 'S' on the floor, my robot should detect the shape and align itself over the shape. If I draw a circle, my robot should align itself on the circle. If I do draw N, the snake should take the form of 'N'. Got it?

How's the idea, folks?
silverscorpion
silverscorpion • Jan 16, 2009
wat's the application of this idea, anyway? where can you use it?
Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya • Jan 16, 2009
Well when we are using any project it should have some Application...

We can use Color sensor to Make this Robot..

@biggie Sounds good nice idea
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jan 16, 2009
I'm not sure of the applications. Can anyone think of some?
As toys? 😛
raj87verma88
raj87verma88 • Jan 17, 2009
As a learning device for toddlers. They will learn to differentiate b/w shapes and alphabets.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jan 17, 2009
*begins to write a business plan*
Well, smaller sized snakes would be safer for toddlers. A group of them might even be used to spell simple words out.

😉
shalini_goel14
shalini_goel14 • Jan 17, 2009
ash
As toys? 😛
Going to be a costliest toy for sure.
mit9805
mit9805 • Jan 17, 2009
am in 3rd year of engineering.. i want to make it as a mini project.. can u pls give me complete details for the project? thanks in advance...
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jan 17, 2009
mit9805
am in 3rd year of engineering.. i want to make it as a mini project.. can u pls give me complete details for the project? thanks in advance...
What would come under complete details? I think I've already explained the project in detail.

Share this content on your social channels -