"Robotic Arm controlled using PLC" help required!

Hey people, this is my first thread/post on this website and i have been following all the articles based on Robotic Arm.
My final year project is a Robotic Arm using PLC. As it is supposed that there are many limitations of PLCs in designing a control for a Robotic Arm,we still wanted to go ahead and do some R & D on the this topic and make it as successful as possible.
While structuring the arm wasnt the problem,the major concern is how to use PLC and what type of motors should we use.It is important to consider the specifications of the PLC and accordingly deciding upon the type of motor.Though we have put our heads to it,it would be an honor if engineers on this website would help on this project.
The arm is an Articulated Type,with three revolute joints.
The plc used is Allen Bradley Micrologix 1200
These are the required specifications of the motors

1.Torque- 10 to 20 kg/cm(square)
2.RPM - 10 - 25

Sanket Borkar.
BE Instrumentation student.
RGIT,Mumbai.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Performing science experiments and deriving conclusions out of it is an amazing experience.😎inspired by the making of a 'Helicopter model' in the movie 3idiots, even i want to do one...
Hello I am Nakul Jain and pursuing Electronics and communication engineering for IP university. I am searching for a good company for my summer training. Plz give some company names...
i have symposium in mumbai on march 8th and 9th,so last date for submit the abstact on feb on 18th,so any one say good project for do ,please give any...
i am doing b.tech as the recession ha left his footprints we have only no campus placement in our college. so please suggest me what should i do? i am...
[FONT="]CodeFest & IEEE present to you CodeWarrior - Either Win or Die Coding! [/FONT] [FONT="]It is a completely Online event with two cumulative rounds, testing all aspects of your computer...