Robotic arm control with raspberry pi and micro-controller

Project Abstract / Summary : In this project, micro-controller is used to give input as per the user requirements (ex. if a user wants to move robotic arm to grip a box,then those commands will be given from PC which is connected to this micro-controller via serial communication).Here I have also used touch screen and keypad with controller in place of PC to give input.
LINK BETWEEN RASPBERRY PI AND CONTROLLER:-
Serial communication
is used between raspberry pi and micro controller
Atlast, Robotic arm is connected to raspberry pi. ie Servo motors of robotic arm are driven by raspberry pi which takes the input from controller.
SUMMARY :
INPUT-> micro-controller (PC/Keypad/Touch Screen)
SERIAL COMMUNICATION BETWEEN R-Pi and CONTROLLER.
OUTPUT->robotic arm motion whose servo motors are connected to raspberry pi.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : The development board which is used to control robotic arm is very costly.
My idea of linking raspberry pi and micro-controller with robotic arm makes wide application of this project in a cost effective way

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: PDPM IIITDMJ
City: Jabalpur
State: Madhya Pradesh
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : In the previous days, the separation and counting of coins was done manually. It was tedious and monotonous job. It need extra man power and...
Project Abstract / Summary : My project CRF (Cardio Rescue Friend) is a life saving device. With thought to save the life of heart patients around the world. Lots of...
Project Abstract / Summary : The process of drilling along PCD is quite commonly used. Most of TWO WHEELER vehicles have disc brakes which have holes along PCDs, couplings, flywheels...
After the successful business of Huawei Honor T1 tablet and Huawei Honor 6 smartphone in India, the company has now decided to launch the next Honor device in India again....
WhatsApp is in the process of rolling out a new voice calling feature that lets you make voice calls over the Internet to your contacts who have the feature enabled...