Robot used to round up cows is a hit with farmers down under

In India (four handed) Krishna was the cow herd. In Australia a four wheeled robot 'Rover' seems to handle the job quite well. No flute though.

Quote:
A four-wheeled device, known as Rover, has been tested by a team at Sydney University. It was used to move a herd of cows from a field to a dairy.

Researchers were amazed at how easily cows accepted the presence of the robot.

They were not fazed by it and the herding process was calm and effective, they said.

Because the robot moved in a steady manner it allowed cows to move at their own speed which was important in reducing lameness among cattle, Dr Kendra Kerrisk, dairy researcher and associate professor, told the BBC.
Endquote

Robot used to round up cows is a hit with farmers - BBC News

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting use of robotics! DARPA's robots would come closer to resembling cows or dogs; given the work they're doing on quadrupeds.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Great (Robert) Scott, what are these two up to? Lonely trek in Antarctica without any external physical support, Saunders and his companion Tarka L'Herpiniere are in the middle of a...
Not too sure if I would try this out. Thinking again, I might. I did have fun with my grand daughter on her birthday this August on the usual bouncy...
Almost every HR interview you will face will have "Why Should We Select You?" question. I present the best answer you can ever have in different situations.
Can someone here explain how Python can be used in web browsers to control, create or manipulate the content within a user's web browser, or a web-based technology in a...
In the last 2-3 years, Samsung's emerged as one of the biggest 'seller' of Android, because all the company's flagship phones have been powered by Android operating system from Google....